Need a new monitor

Soldato
I'm looking for a 1440p monitor to replace a Samsung S27A950D 120hz 1080p monitor.

My main use will be some video editing and gaming.

I would say colour and contrast is probably most important over having the fastest panel possible. I don't want washed out blacks or extremely over saturated colours - this is the area where my old Samsung was pretty good over other TN screens surprisingly.

I have always been keen to go to an MVA screen, but I fear they just wouldn't measure up for gaming after coming from a fast TN based screen, and IPS screens have a tendancy to suffer IPS glow, and the blacks can sometimes look grey, so I am a bit confused as to what would suit me.

I have considered the latest Dell range - which always seems to have a recommendation here, but I have reservations over whether they would be suitable for my needs. I previously had a Dell U2312HM before my Samsung, and I can't say that I was impressed with the agreesive matte coating and IPS glow. However I am hoping this is better now with the new Dell range, correct me if I'm wrong.

Some of the benq MVA screens look quite good, particularly the GW2765HT, but I fear they won't be fast enough.

I have also looked at the Asus 1440p rog gaming monitors but feel they are stretching my budget further than I would like to spend.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom