• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Just games.

Windows 10 Anniversary update with a creative card by any chance? I get it with my Soundblaster Z and it's Windows 10 that keeps changing the audio source. It's only been happening since the anniversary update. I disabled every option in the sound settings apart from the Soundblaster Z and it hasn't changed the source since I did that. I still get that message about the enhancements but only when I go into the windows sound settings and then it asks if I want to re-enable the enhancements. The latest Creative driver didn't fix this so it's a windows problem.

No issues with my sound blaster z and latest version of Windows 10

Soldato
You are lucky then because many people are having problems since the anniversary update. Since I disabled everything but the Soundblaster Z in the windows sound options in control panel it seem's to be fixed for me.

By any chance you still have on board audio enabled in bios? If so that could be why you having issues. When you install a sound card it's recommended to disable on board audio.

Man of Honour
First thing I have always done when building a pc is disable everything not needed in the bios. I have never used the onboard. Windows was changing the source from my soundcard to HDMI to my monitors awful speakers while saying that the enhancements on the soundcard were incompatible with Windows 10. Obviously rubbish because before the Windows 10 anniversary update was installed everything was fine.

Soldato
First thing I have always done when building a pc is disable everything not needed in the bios. I have never used the onboard. Windows was changing the source from my soundcard to HDMI to my monitors awful speakers while saying that the enhancements on the soundcard were incompatible with Windows 10. Obviously rubbish because before the Windows 10 anniversary update was installed everything was fine.

No idea then, first I have heard about this. I even follow the sound cards owners thread on headfi and whatfi etc and no one is reporting this.

Hopefully a fast fix for you comes out.

Man of Honour
No proper SLI in Arkham Knight still? Decided to play it last night again, and only one card was doing work. Latest drivers installed and SLI enabled in the CP.

Man of Honour
Thanks.

Thankfully a single Maxwell Titan X runs it at 3440x1440 90% of the time.

What's it like on the PS4? May just buy it for that and chin of the PC version.

Last edited:
Caporegime
GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER

Version: 372.70 WHQL

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready
Provides the optimal experience for World of Warcraft: Legion, Battlefield 1: Open Beta, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Quantum Break on STEAM.

Win 10 64
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/107012/en-us

Win 8.1 64
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/107008/en-us

Soldato
I've been using adaptive vsync since I purchased my 970. On the whole games that are prone to tearing still tear on my monitor.

I've turned fast sync on today to see if it will make any difference. At the moment only game I've played is Doom, which wasn't prone to tearing anyway so no difference.

Lets see if this makes any difference at all.

My monitor is just old.

Associate
I was hoping the new drivers would fix the random dips to 58fps stutter with my 1060 but it still happens. I thought its something to do with vsync, gpu boost or a mix of both; but using adaptive vsync and power to max performance doesn't fix it either. If my 7950 hadn't died I'd be tempted to put it back in my system :(

Soldato
I've had weird behaviour, I dont know if its the fault of this driver, but in the Witcher 3 even with Vsync in game enabled I sometimes get tearing. This is on GTX 1080.

Back
Top Bottom