• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
Is MSI Afterburner working with these Sapphire 480's? Im interested if the Fan Control works ok with Afterburner and these cards. I also like to use its OSD.

Edit.. i just dont like the idea of it running at 50c+ with the fans not spinning.

Last edited:
Associate
Got one of these cards coming today. Uninstalled the amd drivers and software, removed old gpu and now on integrated graphics until it arrives. Downloaded the two most recent driver releases, which drivers are the best at the moment?

I'm using the latest one as well, no problems (4 GB NITRO+).

Might as well try the latest one first and troubleshoot from there. If you hit problems on the first try like I did, give the PC a reboot and see how it goes rather than immediately swapping drivers.

Associate
Gibbo the new trixx is out but doesnt seem to do much i cannot clock the memory to even 2100 which i can with wattman the only thing that seems to work well is the fan settings
or am i doing something really wrong i dont need to have the previous trixx installed ??
do i
my cards are sapphire Radeon RX 470 Nitro+ OC 8192MB GDDR5

any help would be good

Associate
Umm. This is NOT GOOD!

My fans have stopped working! I was playing around with the new Trixx loaded up heaven to start OCing and noticed my fans were being very quiet. The software is telling my fans to spin but they're not budging.

Please help! I've restarted and reset to defaults.

Associate
Ok, panic over. I turned off. Changed to the second bios and turned on. Fans started again. Switched back to OC bios and they're running again.

Now I know the card throttles at 90 degrees :p

Associate
The fan control is easy to work with, flexible, and works well.

The overclocking interface is straightforward, but lacks (from what I can see) the ability to adjust individual power states for clock and voltage a'la Wattman.

I just bumped memory from 1750 to 1800 MHz on my NITRO+ 4GB and it worked as expected. Haven't tired rebooting yet. Haven't tried GPU OC, revolting, etc. Lol, revolting, I mean ******* around with the voltages.

Associate
Ok, and do the fans stop for a tiny amount of time whenever you make an adjustment? Voltage etc.

I don't think so. Just changed the mem clock slightly and didn't see anything strange other than the TRIXX3.0 6.0.0 window refreshing.

There is a dip to 0% fan speed earlier on in my hardware monitor trace -- not sure what caused that.

Associate
hardjack79
did you unistall wattman before installing trixx
ive got the 8gig nitro and should be able to get the mem to 2100 mhz which i can with wattman but tbh dont like wattman for a million reasons and want to clock the mem more in any case

Associate
Btw, you can type the desired clock speeds directly into the blue display text rather than clicking the +/- buttons or overshooting on the slider 20 times.

I'm not super into OCing, but I still think Wattman's individual power state editing is going to be the winner for undervolting to get a consistent max core clock under load.

Anyone know what will happen if TRIXX and Wattman are left to fight it out? Can we use TRIXX to control fan, and Wattman to tweak power state settings?

Associate
hardjack79
did you unistall wattman before installing trixx
ive got the 8gig nitro and should be able to get the mem to 2100 mhz which i can with wattman but tbh dont like wattman for a million reasons and want to clock the mem more in any case

No mate, I just downloaded TRIXX and started her right up. Haven't done any OCing on my 4GB yet, just lowered some voltages in Wattman to maintain consistent max clocks. I didn't realise Wattman artificially limited the clocks.

Back
Top Bottom