• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU overclock does not work after some time?

Aze

Aze

Associate
Hi guys,

Over a year ago I bought a GTX 980. I have oc'ed it up to 1500/7800 and it was working absolutely fine.

Some time ago it become unstable. Now I am having 1400/7000 and it is unstable somtimes.

What could it be? I am really tempted to buy 1080 but I can wait for Ti's

thanks

Associate
Drivers. 8pack himself has said nvidia seem to be reducing support for over clocking or something along them lines.

If you could get back to the drivers you first had I bet the overclock would be sound.

I was running a reasonable OC on my card until about a 6 months ago and would get driver crashes all the time.

Aze

Aze

Associate
OP
@Jony27

Th temperature is fine. Thanks anyway.

I think that the May 2015 The Witcher 3 nvidia drivers was last time when It was running ok.

Do you think that newer drivers makes it unstable to make me think about buying new gpu? :)

Associate
@Jony27

Th temperature is fine. Thanks anyway.

I think that the May 2015 The Witcher 3 nvidia drivers was last time when It was running ok.

Do you think that newer drivers makes it unstable to make me think about buying new gpu? :)

this was not something to do with the older generations but something in general. so all gpus regardless of how new or old have less ability to overclock.

Back
Top Bottom