Case Recommendations/Considerations for high'ish end build

Associate
I'm looking to build a new PC but am not intending to water cool at present. This will be a reasonably high end build in terms of components.

I'm looking at the Lian Li PC-08 and Phanteks Enthoo Evolve ATX with glass panels. In all honesty, I'd prefer the Lian Li but am concerned about airflow / cooling. Research has suggested that airflow / temps should be acceptable with this case when not using water cooling but I'd welcome feedback on this.

Main components for the system build I currently have in mind is as follows:

ASUS Maximus VIII Formula motherboard
Intel I7-6700k CPU
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 (16 or 32Gb) RAM
Corsair AX1200 PSU (I have this already)
Corsair Hydro H100i 240 mm CPU Cooler
Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 256 GB SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD (I have this already)
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB SSD
WD Black 4TB HDD
GTX1080 (possibly SLI and have budgeted for it)

Soldato
I love the Lian LI, I actually really wanted to build it but it just wasn't in stock anywhere in the UK at the start of the year...

Seems a shame not to water cool all that kit though, but each to their own. I would probably say the main difference for me making this decision would be the much more rare Lian Li, the Enthoo is a lovely case but its a lot more common... No idea if that bothers you but its worth thinking about.

Airflow in the Lian Li should be good enough, the 1080 will be the concern but from what we are reading about thermal limits throttling the stock air cooled cards you might want to wait and grab some hybrids when they're available anyway.

Long story short, I would just go with the one you seem to have your heart set on and i'm pretty confident you wont regret it! Also consider the 512GB M.2 drive, its actually rated at a faster speed than the 256GB so a worthy upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom