Good computer cases/bad ones

Soldato
What size? What style do you like etc? We could go on forever if you don't narrow it down :)

I've been looking at making a new PC later in the year and so far quite keen on a few cases.

Raijintek Styx classic – stylish, very nice and clean.
(mATX)Fractal design Node 804 – lots of space, power button/ports on right hand side of case.
Corsair 600Q – Sound dampened panel option (select right model!), inverse layout, fairly small though but lovely steel exterior.

Seriously I've got a list of about 20 I'm considering..

Permabanned
OP
What size? What style do you like etc? We could go on forever if you don't narrow it down :)

I've been looking at making a new PC later in the year and so far quite keen on a few cases.

Raijintek Styx classic – stylish, very nice and clean.
(mATX)Fractal design Node 804 – lots of space, power button/ports on right hand side of case.
Corsair 600Q – Sound dampened panel option (select right model!), inverse layout, fairly small though but lovely steel exterior.

Seriously I've got a list of about 20 I'm considering..

Any at all good sir :)

Associate
I have tried loads of different cases over the years but since I got my first Lian Li case nothing comes close to their quality except maybe those new streacom cases, I found the internals of silverstone cases a bit cheap. So yep, Lian Li costs a lot but I find the quality well worth it.

My media PC case is one I bought back in 2005 and I can't justify replacing it, Lian Li even do updated cables to support the front mount USB3 and firewire, all the accessories tend to fit all their cases, can't fault them.

If you are going to spend good money on a PC it makes sense to buy a quality case, if I see cheap cases they remind me of those horrible 'nokia style' PC cases you got in the early 2000s that would slice your hands apart if you so much as looked at them.

Soldato
Phanteks Evolv Micro ATX - beautifully engineered case

Was looking at getting this case myself, but the placement of the power/reset and usb ports is not ideal. :(

Maybe if they did a revised edition with them in a more traditional location (front or on top + one glass side panel)

Soldato
Surely cases are all down to your own personal preference?

Only you know what you like the look of and where/if all your hardware fits in the case.

That is very true, all subjective. Took me days of reading reviews, finding things I did not like, upping my budget till I found the "perfect" case.

Back
Top Bottom