Question about the Phanteks Enthoo luxe

Associate
So I received my new case today the Phanteks Enthoo luxe, and I got a corsair h110i gtx aswel but I have a question.

The pwm fan hub that comes with the phanteks case requires being plugged into the cpu fan header on the motherboard and ofc so does the corsair cooler, which one should I connect to it and will the other work on another fan header?

Currently I'm using a 2 way adapter so both are plugged into the cpu header but I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not?

If anyone has any imput that would be great.

Thanks

Associate
So I received my new case today the Phanteks Enthoo luxe, and I got a corsair h110i gtx aswel but I have a question.
The pwm fan hub that comes with the phanteks case requires being plugged into the cpu fan header on the motherboard and ofc so does the corsair cooler, which one should I connect to it and will the other work on another fan header?
Currently I'm using a 2 way adapter so both are plugged into the cpu header but I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not?
If anyone has any input that would be great.
Thanks
Does your motherboard have only one PWM header?
Personally, I'd use the CPU header for the Corsair pump and another PWM header (Check manual) for the fan hub :)

Associate
OP
So I have checked the manual, and it doesn't state if any of them are PWM headers, it just says that all the Fan headers are 4pin so I assume they are the same this included the cpu fan header when it talked about them in the manual will try it tomorrow and see how it works

Associate
OP
There wasn't a cpu 2 header so I plugged it into the system header 1 seems to be doing the job. actually I plugged it into sysfan 2 and that doesn't seem to work

Last edited:
Associate
Use different plugs for each. Look in the bios and see what fan headers are available in there. On my Mobo I have set my. Pump to max rpm. And plugged my fans into another and have it change with temps.

I have read that the corsair pumps should always be on max speed. Can't rember where.

Associate
OP
iv used the link software to set the pump to performance and the fance to balance I am not overclocking till I have everything run correctly, my case fans are still running at max rpm. after reading the manual again it could be I need to have the hub connected to the sys fan 1 header, all headers are 4pin but not pwm if I have read it correctly so still some tinkering to do :(

Associate
If you get a fan header splitter that has an accompanying Sata power connection you can run more fans off a single header. As the power is driven from the Sata connection (and not the header itself) you won't put too much power draw through the CPU header off the mobo.

Associate
Danny,

I completely bypassed that fan hub as well mate. Put my H115i straight into the cpu header. My three other fans I plugged directly into the motherboard.

Works fine for my needs

Associate
OP
I have left it now not using at the minute but after messing with everything it turns out its actually the fans on my corsair h110 gtx and not the case fans, (got it at same time as case), when its on balance mode using link software the fans get above 1200 rpm it gets really loud

Back
Top Bottom