*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Associate
Thought that I should add my update here also (although it's been posted elsewhere on the site):

Evolv%20shots%209%20of%2014_zpsfoug9fgy.jpg

Evolv%20shots%2010%20of%2014_zpsejnfpilk.jpg

Evolv%20shots%2013%20of%2014_zpsjpo3lomf.jpg

Evolv%20shots%2014%20of%2014_zpsm9767sb8.jpg

Evolv%20shots%2012%20of%2014_zpsmay0zwyv.jpg

Associate
I know. It was fine in the old case and I've got a brace that I'm sorting out on it tonight to hopefully address. I won;t lie that it has been a concern over the last few days.

Associate
Pete how are the temps for your cpu and gpu with the predator?

Right now the CPU is idling @ 40c and the GPU @ 33c. I won't lie, it was a fair amount lower in the Enthoo Luxe case I used before this. However, under load it's hitting about 60c on the CPU and 50-55 on the GPU which is totally acceptable.

How much rgb lighting have you used? Ordering the case & rgb lights tomorrow but unsure whether to order 2 x 1m or 2 x 2m.

I've got 2 x 2m - there is a little overlap, but I prefer that to having a gap in the lighting.

Just to add that I've sorted out the sag now (temporarily) and have a more permanent fix on order. I'll be updating my project log once I get a few more custom acrylic panels sorted for the back side of the case.

Soldato
Decided to go back to air after picking up a NZXT H440 (Thanks Born_2_Kill) Previously using a H100i which ill use for another build later in the year.

Need to redo a few things the vinyl wrap on the SSDs peeled off slightly as i put them into the trays. Also want to redo the cable weaving after following Famas's guide in the breading tutorial think i could have done it a lot better and ill weave them both together.

Looking into ways of changing the green lights of the 980TI to red or white.

2vv4yux.jpg
2rmaweq.jpg

Associate
I though I would share pictures of my latest build using the following.

Thermaltake Core P5 - powder coated white with custom decals.
Intel 6700k processor
MSI Z170A Gaming Motherboard
32Gb Vengence memory
2x MSI GTX980ti
3x 500gb Intel SSD drives
950 Pro 512GB M.2 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe SSD
Samsung blu ray drive

EK waterblocks for motherboard, processor, memory and GPU's with a 480mm Monster rad, TT fans and Mayhems 16mm glass tubing. I still need to sort out my wiring, but that should be about it.:D

IMG_5528.jpg

IMG_5571.jpg

IMG_5540_1.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

IMG_5814.jpg

IMG_5812.jpg

IMG_5810.jpg

IMG_5809.jpg

IMG_5807.jpg

IMG_5804.jpg

IMG_5816.jpg

The sharp eyed might spot that I flipped the rad and swapped out the Monsoon fitting for Barrow fittings when I decided to use glass tubing instead.:cool:

Associate
Thanks for the kind comments. I am considering adding a white acrylic plate to the front GPU, with a window cut out to show the Plexiglass and green coolant.

Soldato
Thanks for the kind comments. I am considering adding a white acrylic plate to the front GPU, with a window cut out to show the Plexiglass and green coolant.

I'm considering swapping my case over to one of those so I can throw a pair of 1080s at it and a nice big rad. Does it all come apart well to paint the metal base, only comes in black right?

Associate
I'm considering swapping my case over to one of those so I can throw a pair of 1080s at it and a nice big rad. Does it all come apart well to paint the metal base, only comes in black right?

They only come in green and black, and can easily be taken apart for painting. Be aware you only get one PCIE riser ribbon and that a few people (me included) had problems with the cable. Thermal take are aware of the issue and will swap the cable out if its one of the faulty ones.

I purchased a pair of 3M PCIE cables, before finding out that they could be swapped for the new improved TT cables.

Soldato
Decided to go back to air after picking up a NZXT H440 (Thanks Born_2_Kill) Previously using a H100i which ill use for another build later in the year.

Need to redo a few things the vinyl wrap on the SSDs peeled off slightly as i put them into the trays. Also want to redo the cable weaving after following Famas's guide in the breading tutorial think i could have done it a lot better and ill weave them both together.

Looking into ways of changing the green lights of the 980TI to red or white.

2vv4yux.jpg
2rmaweq.jpg

Changing the 980ti LED to white is a fairly straight forward process of:

Remove the shroud
Undo the LED strip
Sand down the green paint and voila! White LED's :)

I still need to do mine, just haven't gotten round to it

Back
Top Bottom