** PHANTEKS EVOLV ATX GLASS - MAKING A GREAT CASE EVEN BETTER **

Associate
There's some space in the PSU shroud where you would have the wires extending.

That's probably not going to help you much though for extensions - you won't find many spaces on the rear side to hide them. Check my project log if you want some better shots of the back side and what you have to play with.

Associate
Question. Is there any space to hide PSU cables? I would need to get extensions as my PSU doesn't have a Cablemod compatible pack but worried there's nowhere to hide the excess because of the 2nd window.
What PSU do you have? Have you checked whether they offer a cable packs separately?

Caporegime
Thermaltake Toughpower XT 1275w - complete overkill but I bought it for mining and seeing as it's such a good PSU thought I might as well keep it.

I tried looking for Cablemod packs a few months ago but came up with nothing.

EDIT - scrap that. I just tried searching cable packs for Thermaltake rather than my specific model and have found some results :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there anyone that could do me a small favour and check the distance from PCIe bracket to that small panel up front you remove so you could put say a pump through it

2hxwww3.jpg

Current case will not allow for Aftermarket 1080's as is nor in water config. But really looking at waterblocking the 1080's aftermarket but need to ensure there is enough distance. Thanks :)

Associate
Is there anyone that could do me a small favour and check the distance from PCIe bracket to that small panel up front you remove so you could put say a pump through it

2hxwww3.jpg

Current case will not allow for Aftermarket 1080's as is nor in water config. But really looking at waterblocking the 1080's aftermarket but need to ensure there is enough distance. Thanks :)

Not got the tape measure to hand but just to let you know that I have a 980ti wit ha waterblock in the case and there's room to spare.

I have a 360 predator in push pull in the front bay and feel like I'm not cramping anything.

Associate
Has anyone else had trouble with the LEDs connected?

When I cycle to a certain colour, it'll stay that colour for a few seconds then revert to orange. Then when I next cycle through the colours it misses a load out which I can tell because they're not cycling through as the power button colour is. I can cycle through all the colours again when I've switched the power off and on but the same problem persists.

Associate
im getting a weird issue with the fan connected to the built in controller, they are set to PWM in bios, but then keep changing speeds. like constant, they will spin right up then back down again all the time. anyone else got this issue?

Associate
Cheated on the secondary window as my cable management sucks. I've hidden the cabling behind some high impact polystryrene attached to the back of the glass panel:

Cleaned up:

In place:

Other side is a work in progress (waiting for a pair of 1080s to arrive):

Soldato
Does anyone feel like measuring and telling me what depth of radiators would fit in the top/front? I'm aware the specs state both spaces can take 360mm 120x3 but i'm thinking about transplanting my rig in to something I can fit more chunky rads in to cool my 1080s when they arrive...

If someone could take a few snaps of the rads mounted, wondering if you can fit 60mm rads in at least the front (drive bays removed of course) and still have space to mount the res/pump vertically to the right of the board.

Associate
Cheated on the secondary window as my cable management sucks. I've hidden the cabling behind some high impact polystryrene attached to the back of the glass panel:

Cleaned up:

In place:

Other side is a work in progress (waiting for a pair of 1080s to arrive):

very nice when i get this case i would like to do something like that as i wouldnt like the look of seeing all the wires at the back.

how did you do it?

Soldato
very nice when i get this case i would like to do something like that as i wouldnt like the look of seeing all the wires at the back.

how did you do it?

Pretty sure you could achieve the same effect with some decent black card cut to shape, then whatever stuck on it... Will still look good behind the glass.

Back
Top Bottom