Plexiglass

Soldato
Hi all

I want the whole side of my case to be a window but im not sure how to go about it, ive heard Plexiglass could be an option but what should i measure to get it to fit, do i take the side panel off and measure that or is there other bits to consider measuring??

Thank you

Soldato
Would imagine you just need to make a copy of the outline of your side panel then figure out a way of attaching it. Probably a good idea to use some black vinyl on the inside around the edge to hide any unsightly bits.

Soldato
Perspex / clear acrylic cut to size can be found on eBay, use a dremel and cutting bit with patience. Cut from the inside and tidy the edges up after with emery cloth then apply a strip of car window seal.

Associate
Just google any company that deals with acrylic in your area, take the side window or even the whole case down to them and get it measured up. They'll cut a piece to size and drill holes in the acrylic if needs be. You'll just have to drill holes in the same spot on the case and just get either some self tapping screws of that size (thumb screws in most cases look decent) or get some fixings.

I only paid like £8 for a full side window of acrylic for a HAF X, just chucked him a tenner for drilling the holes too. The guy gave me some matte black like tape to go round the outside but I didnt bother using it, should hide an inch or 2 around the trim.

Back
Top Bottom