Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just sell him. Jesus its not a hard situation to deal with at all.

Its the 250k a week he wants. Even Chelsea would baulk at that number, only PSG would be desperate enough to pay those wages but with Ibra and Rooney the rest of the team would need to go onto minimum wage +zero hour contracts to Financial fair play.

Caporegime
250k a week is a lot but he's only got that for two years now, if he see's that out because no one was going to match it, a 30 year old, kinda fat striker who could have another 2 seasons where he barely bothers to get fit, he won't be in a very strong bargaining position for a new contract. Which clubs in the world through 200k+ a week at 30 year old strikers just because they are out of contract, answer is very few.

a 4-6 year contract at 150k a week is worth more than 2 years at 250k by a large margin, he could probably this summer get Utd to give him a part of his "missing" wages as a pay off for leaving, he's in his strongest negotiating position now. If he left today Utd would maybe get 20-25mil for him AND save 25mil +(bonuses) wages, Rooney can use that fact to get Utd to give him a chunk of that to smeg off.

Anyway places like Monaco, no income tax, they can match his post tax wage, by paying him under 150k a week.

Meh, we'll see what Moyes does, if he buys a bunch of Everton players and goes small time, I'll laugh, it will be interesting to see what he does when faced with a bigger budget and bigger goals

Soldato
André Villas-Boas says that he wants Tottenham Hotspur to appoint a technical director in order to make them bigger players on the transfer market. The Roma general manager Franco Baldini, who previously held a similar post alongside Fabio Capello in the England setup, is the favourite for the job.

The Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is an advocate of the two-tier continental-type structure, which can aid the continuity of player recruitment and, having inherited David Pleat as the director of football upon his arrival at the club in 2001, he went on to employ Frank Arnesen and Damien Comolli as the sporting director.

The results were mixed but Villas-Boas says that it would benefit him to work with such a figure, particularly one with the "experience of dressing rooms" rather than, for example, a boardroom executive. He worked productively with Antero Henrique at Porto.

Villas-Boas refused to say whether Baldini might be appointed at Tottenham, where Levy has not replaced the former chief scout, Ian Broomfield, who was central to player recruitment. Broomfield left to join Harry Redknapp at Queens Park Rangers. Levy sacked Redknapp as Tottenham's manager last summer.

"The chairman and I have been outlining the route ahead for what we want to do in terms of the club structures and, hopefully, the arrival of somebody else in the structure for the recruitment side – a technical director," Villas-Boas said. "Hopefully we can take those steps forward. It's not up to me to confirm anything.

"The most important thing is the relationship between the person that bridges the gap between manager and board, and that he is able to be focused on the technical side of things. [It should be] someone who has experience of dressing rooms, represents the club, and is able to link up with players and agents."

Villas-Boas made it clear that he was fully supportive of the appointment, and he suggested that he might be more comfortable purely as coach, who could concentrate on work on the training pitch.

"I think of a more European style of structure, of a head coach and then the functions of a manager will be handed up to a different person," Villas-Boas said. "It's something that works. Since the first day, I told the club that it's somebody who is extremely important."

Tottenham are notorious for leaving some of their transfer deals to the last moment, and the overlap between the start of the season and the closure of the summer window has, on occasion, been unsettling. "Ideally when you set up for the first game of the season ... to have put the team to bed would be the ideal situation," Villas-Boas said.

Tottenham will pursue "quality" additions regardless of whether they qualify for the Champions League and Villas-Boas had praise for the Barcelona striker David Villa, with whom he has been linked. "I tried to move him to Chelsea [last season]," he said. "He's a world-renowned striker," he said.

Soldato
i'm not sure that was his last pl game for spurs but levy needs to bring his biggest persuasive tactic yet to convince him to stay. AVB is a massive factor and he needs to spend. we should never have sold VDV in hindsight as even though he wasn't a 90 minute player, for the price we paid he gave us something we couldn't replace for less than £20m.

Man of Honour
i'm not sure that was his last pl game for spurs but levy needs to bring his biggest persuasive tactic yet to convince him to stay. AVB is a massive factor and he needs to spend. we should never have sold VDV in hindsight as even though he wasn't a 90 minute player, for the price we paid he gave us something we couldn't replace for less than £20m.

Wishful thinking I feel, especially re: AVB relationship etc, heard it all before.

Real Madrid will be in the market for a new player and they'll be happy to pay whatever is required (to a certain extent), and I'm sure Bale will feel he can do better; no offence.

If Bale wants out - quite a reasonable possibility - Levy will be powerless. If not, then him staying is possible.

Don
Bale only signed a new deal last summer so unless there are clauses in that which will allow Bale to leave, Levy could simply stand firm and refuse to listen to all offers. The question for AVB is whether he feels he can improve Spurs as a whole with what money they could get for Spurs because I can't see them having much to spend without sales.

Soldato
We all like to poke fun at Spurs (or should I say cm1179) myself included but being serious I dont actually think Bale will go anywhere this summer, he doesn't strike me as a particularly ambitious player (as in someone who will demand a move simply because Spurs aren't in the UCL) & he seems to have a bit of a bromance going on with AVB, then there's the issue of his price tag; Levy is going to demand stupid money the type only 2 or 3 clubs would be able to pay and that then begs the question of whether or not those clubs even want Bale? I know he's linked with Real Madrid but a welsh lad who plays for Spurs doesn't really strike me as a marquee signing on the scale of the likes of Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo and Ronaldo

Soldato
946887_10151486481668580_2075499091_n.jpg

Soldato
That's more to do with the fact he isn't remotely near the level of any of them when they moved to Real rather than him being Welsh :p

:D

They do tend to work on the Nickg philosophy of where you were made = how good you are though. For example;

Kagawa/Japan = the home of cheap electrical equipment, pfft what do they know about football?
Hazard/Belgium = the home of the waffle, now there's a country who surely know how to bake a good footballer!!!

Caporegime
Problem is, if Spurs sell then they'll be labelled a 'selling club'. A club with designs on the CL season after season needs to keep their best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom