Removing Lian Li HDD cage...?

Caporegime
Lian Li PC-A05B case. HDD cage here:

270823026_JqXJk-L.jpg

I need to get rid of it to improve airflow for the PSU (which will be mounted directly below). However, it appears to be secured with rivets. What's the best way to remove them without damaging the case or cage?

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
I had an old Lian Li case which used rivets to secure the top panel. I just drilled them out and put screws in place instead. Not sure if that would work on this as I don't know what's on the other side.

Soldato
Is it the top one - the pokey out single 3.5" bit? If so you're going to leave a hole where the 3.5" aluminium panel goes, as it'll have nowhere to clip the three dimples on each side into, unless you were to cut the 3.5" bit back to the length so the front 3.5" cover still clips in....

If it's the bottom 5.25" cage then just carefully drill out the rivets. I drilled out the rivets to take off the top of my Lian Li pc-70, and then just threaded screws into the rivet holes to reattach the top after. Works a treat. :)

Caporegime
OP
Is it the top one - the pokey out single 3.5" bit? If so you're going to leave a hole where the 3.5" aluminium panel goes, as it'll have nowhere to clip the three dimples on each side into, unless you were to cut the 3.5" bit back to the length so the front 3.5" cover still clips in....

If it's the bottom 5.25" cage then just carefully drill out the rivets. I drilled out the rivets to take off the top of my Lian Li pc-70, and then just threaded screws into the rivet holes to reattach the top after. Works a treat. :)

It's the bottom one, tyvm.

:)

Back
Top Bottom