icecolds Mobilty Thread
Steedies Diet and Macros Thread
Form guide and discussion
Post your bodies up boys, Bodybuilders Pics Thread
Home Gym Thread
mrthingyx's Clean And Jerk Guide
Sports Arena Competition/Event Calendar

Just starting out? Make sure you keep a log here

2015 is upon us, and whether you had a good year in the gym in 2014 or not, it's time to put it behind you and make sure 2015 is your most productive year yet.

This thread will hopefully help you achieve that with the amount of knowledge available in this forum.

To 2015 my fellow gym rats!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Happy New Year! May great gains be had for all!

In a way, I can't wait for this holiday to be over so I can get my routine back to normal, hardly managed to fit in sessions these 2 weeks!

Man of Honour
A strange thing happened to me in 2014; I rediscovered my love of being, looking and feeling fit. So I'll definitely be hanging around here in 2015 to try and improve my manlet body :)

Happy New Year all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Happy New Gainz everyone. Best of luck fighting around the New Year Resolution brigade for the next few weeks :)

7c3f0472ffd796c78a05b2c9080152b02be90137938072cc988deb29246001b5-copy.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I am in for this, been keeping an eye out for the new thread opening.

Got back into the gym around July time, but I need to be doing the gym and nutrition smarter as I am in this for the long haul this time.

Will be reading through some of the links in the top post.

Expect to see me asking noob questions soon!

Go team Gym Rat 2015!!

Can I be a gym ratmonkey? I like to be different...

Soldato
Happy new year to all. No need to make a resolution to go to the gym, but maybe I could contribute around here a bit more. You seem like a nice enough bunch.

Soldato
Currently looking at gyms in the area, waiting for any offers that might appear.

Spending my weekend having a go at structuring a diet for gaining some weight. Cool.

Soldato
Can someone tell me if the highly rated stronglift 5x5 routine is still recommended for skinny guys or would I be better off for something more specific? I want to get maximum muscle gains as quickly as possible. I read with this one it's very progressive and mainly for strength gains. I want a routine too help me bulk (gain) and really build muscle.

Soldato
Can someone tell me if the highly rated stronglift 5x5 routine is still recommended for skinny guys or would I be better off for something more specific? I want to get maximum muscle gains as quickly as possible. I read with this one it's very progressive and mainly for strength gains. I want a routine too help me bulk (gain) and really build muscle.

I've been doing SL 5x5 for 6 weeks now and it's starting to get tough. It feels easy at the beginning but don't underestimate it. You're added 2.5KG to your squat every other workout, that's 30KG a month, it soon adds up.

I'm 5'9", relatively skinny with a belly, have already seen a lot of subtle difference to my physique in the last couple of months from doing SL.

Man of Honour

Pair it with a decent diet and it'll be perfect for your needs.

Man of Honour

You are skinny because you don't eat enough.

As tom_e pointed out, Stronglifts will get you plenty big enough provided you ear twice as much as you normally do...

What are you stats (height, weight, etc.) so you can work out your Basal Metabolic Rate?

Man of Honour
New personal best in 5x5 squats last night... 97.5kg

I appreciate that's light compared to what many are doing but am quite pleased as I struggled with 50kg when I started in June. Obviously aiming for that 100kg psychological barrier but my form wasn't great at this weight so need to get that right before going up again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom