Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31702374

Apparently he met this girl in a nightclub.

If she has lied about her age to get into a club then as far as I would take it on a jury is that in all probabililty she lied to him as well. If she is not actually the one pressing charges and has admitted lying the case should be dropped.

If he knew she was underage and still did the deed, throw the book at him.

Associate
The question is why would he cheat on the lass he's with in the first place?! She's pretty fine from these Google searches I've made. ;)

Footballers amaze me sometimes, they really do. Have all the money in the world and in some way are tempted to throw it all away at a moments notice.

Soldato
The question is why would he cheat on the lass he's with in the first place?! She's pretty fine from these Google searches I've made. ;)

“Show me a beautiful woman and I’ll show you a man that’s tired of ****ing her.” - Not sure that condones raiding the playground though. :o

Associate
OP
Didn't a similar thing happen to Graham Rix years ago, fairly sure he went to prison for a short period of time.

Yeah but he was with his best mates daughter and knew exactly how old she was and it went on for quite a while.

It seems Johnson pulled in night club. If she lied to get in there, the case should be dropped. If he knew the score then he deserves to get banged up for a long time.

Soldato
If he pulled in a nightclub, I don't see how it can be his fault? There were people being paid to make sure everyone in that nightclub were old enough to enter, would it not be fair to assume that everyone in there is old enough?

Caporegime
Even if he pulled in a nightclub he's still ****** if he's done the deed with her.

A similar thing happened to a friends work colleague, went back to some girls house after a night out, woke up, thought nothing of it. Went down stairs and her parents were there, Dad had locked the door and police were called.

Ended up doing a few years inside and is completely messed up now.

Soldato
Im sure this sort of thing happens all the time, the fact he is considered a 'public figure' makes it newsworthy which means he is probably getting the 'long arm of the law' as they need to make sure they are seen to be doing everything by the book.

Once again showing why media sensationalism drastically effects the judiciary process in this country.

Edit: just to clarify, im not saying the law aren't already doing everything by the book, but everyone does things differently under scrutiny, and people will have created an opinion already based on, as has been mentioned, the media basically saying he is guilty already.

Caporegime
Interesting that Sunderland have suspended him pending the outcome of the investigation.

This seems lost on a lot of other football clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom