**** The LG G5 Thread ****

Associate
This is still about a month away from being announced at MWC, but the rumours are coming in thick and fast, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Expected specs (these are only rumoured and subject to change):

CPU: Snapdragon 820
RAM: 3GB / 4GB (Depending on region?)
Dimensions: 149.4 x 73.9 x 8.2mm
Display: 5.3-5.6" QHD display, possibly a second screen ala the LG V10
Internal Storage: 32GB
Camera: Dual lens rear camera? Probably around 20 / 21MP
Fingerprint scanner on the back
Iris scanning technology?
USB Type-C
Power and volume buttons moved from the back to the side(s)
"Magic Slot" accessories / customisation?

t3u9rkM.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't see why they would move the buttons from the back. I owned g2 and now intuitively "look" for them with my index finger on all phones i own.

Soldato
The G4 definitely suffers because of its UI. I get random freezes and frame drops and I know it's not the hardware as this doesn't happen on other 808 devices.

I hate my G3, its the worst phone I've ever owned.

Cannot wait to change, I'd never have another LG due to the freeze's and performance issues. Sounds like they didn't fix it in the G4, and I'd doubt the G5 will make a difference

Associate
I love my G3, best phone I've ever owned :confused:

Looking forward to seeing this. If the buttons change and the screen is smaller I'm sticking with the G3 for longer. Gotta keep those removeavle vatteries, they're a godsend for someone who uses their phone for everything.

Associate
I still have my G2. Fits perfectly in my hand and has amazing battery life.

G3 and G4 were disappointing for me as I found them too large to use comfortably even though they were only a few mm wider and taller. Also battery life not as good due to the larger 2K display.

Was excited to hear that the G5 may have a 5.3" display but if those specs are true then it's even taller than the G4. Probably due to the secondary display. But not as wide as the G3/G4 so may still be ok for me. Will wait for the release and try out myself.

May go for the S7 this year if those rumours about battery life are true :)

Man of Honour
I love my G3, best phone I've ever owned :confused:

Looking forward to seeing this. If the buttons change and the screen is smaller I'm sticking with the G3 for longer. Gotta keep those removeavle vatteries, they're a godsend for someone who uses their phone for everything.

Not really sure how anyone can accept the stutterfest that is the G3. I have one at home and can't stand it. The G4 is superior though.

Associate
Looking forward to it. The G3 was the phone that made me change for iPhones and got a G4 which personally I think is excellent and have no complaints about at all. One of the little things I really like is the the 6 quick icons at the bottom of the screen

Associate
OP
Latest rumour is that this may have an always on display? This sounds all over the shop. Personally I don't think the dual V10-like display is going to happen, especially if the renders and case leaks are anything to go by.

Back
Top Bottom