iOS 9

• Thread starter Deleted member 138126
  • Start date
Soldato
Tried the 9.3.1 Beta - Really like the Night Shift feature. Shame they stole that from F.lux - I hope Apple release more APIs so that F.lux can be an app on the App Store. But it's not likely if they've made it a part of iOS already...

Anyone know if it gradually turns in colour as the sun sets (Like F.lux did), or if it's an instant change?

There's sunrise/sunset under schedule

Man of Honour
Security fixes in 9.2.1:

Disk Images

Available for: iPhone 4s and later, iPod touch (5th generation) and later, iPad 2 and later

Impact: A local user may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges

Description: A memory corruption issue existed in the parsing of disk images. This issue was addressed through improved memory handling.

CVE-ID

CVE-2016-1717 : Frank Graziano of Yahoo! Pentest Team

•IOHIDFamily

Available for: iPhone 4s and later, iPod touch (5th generation) and later, iPad 2 and later

Impact: A local user may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges

Description: A memory corruption issue existed in an IOHIDFamily API. This issue was addressed through improved memory handling.

CVE-ID

CVE-2016-1719 : Ian Beer of Google Project Zero

•IOKit

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed through improved memory handling.

CVE-ID

CVE-2016-1720 : Ian Beer of Google Project Zero

•Kernel

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed through improved memory handling.

CVE-ID

CVE-2016-1721 : Ian Beer of Google Project Zero and Ju Zhu of Trend Micro

•libxslt

Impact: Visiting a maliciously crafted website may lead to arbitrary code execution

Description: A type confusion issue existed in libxslt. This issue was addressed through improved memory handling.

CVE-ID

CVE-2015-7995 : puzzor

•syslog

Impact: A local user may be able to execute arbitrary code with root privileges

CVE-ID

CVE-2016-1722 : Joshua J. Drake and Nikias Bassen of Zimperium zLabs

•WebKit

Impact: Visiting a maliciously crafted website may lead to arbitrary code execution

Description: Multiple memory corruption issues existed in WebKit. These issues were addressed through improved memory handling.

CVE-ID

CVE-2016-1723 : Apple

CVE-2016-1724 : Apple

CVE-2016-1725 : Apple

CVE-2016-1726 : Apple

CVE-2016-1727 : Apple

•WebKit CSS

Impact: Websites may know if the user has visited a given link

Description: A privacy issue existed in the handling of the "a:visited button" CSS selector when evaluating the containing element's height. This was addressed through improved validation.

CVE-ID

CVE-2016-1728 : an anonymous researcher coordinated via Joe Vennix

•WebSheet

Impact: A malicious captive portal may be able to access the user's cookies

Description: An issue existed that allowed some captive portals to read or write cookies. The issue was addressed through an isolated cookie store for all captive portals.

CVE-ID

CVE-2016-1730 : Adi Sharabani and Yair Amit of Skycure

There are unnamed bug fixes and a fix for an issue that can prevent a completion of app installation when using an MDM server.

Associate
Apart from my old iphone I still use I’ve got to say I thought I’d get more out my Ipad Air I just got. Siri at this stage seems very poor. Yes I can ask it the weather and time but fails on so many ways. Simple things like re my last email is clunky at best. Considering I’m Scottish it actually picks up what I’m saying really well but just struggles to do anything of real value. A few friends bought me I-tunes as they knew I had got the Ipad air 2 and I’ve spent £2 of £50 and struggling to see anything worth buying on the app front. The £2 was for a flight tracker so I could follow a flight from Dubai in real time. I see no point buying films as id rather watch them off Blueray on the main TV in the house. I don’t even know if I buy music can I copy it to my mem stick in the Car or is it locked to apple ipods etc that I don’t use. The ipad is great just now as a companion to my PC sitting on my desk as it’s a 2004 build PC. But when I get a new rig I think it will be more from when I’m away. While appreciate what it can do I’m a wee bit regretting getting it over just adding the funds to the future PC build. Hope the new patch can add some life to siri and the rest.

Soldato
I don't read articles about products I judge and give my own opinions. iOS just works and always has done.

Burying your head in the sand won't get you very far. I like to keep in touch with developments on both sides of the fence and I'll happily switch sides if one OS really starts to lag behind the other. Sorry but "just works" doesn't cut it any more.

Back
Top Bottom