Formula Boinc 2016

Associate
you are indeed tex :), and im helping you with my gtx 780 & a 480. they've been running some collatz and a little seti but ill set them on just moo wrapper at the moment I think seeing as we are so close to getting some points. I simply don't have enough GPUS lol

Any and all help is appreciated!

Lost internet connection sometime today :mad: so big drop in production. Up and running again now.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Oz & Texas, and any one else doing Moo Wrapper, can you join OcUK's RC5-72 team please? then you'll earn points on RC5-72 when you do moo wrapper work, which will help on the DCVault, as it's a project on there.

To join go here http://stats.distributed.net/projects.php?project_id=8
Search for your boinc moo wrapper email address you used to sign up with in the 'Participant Stats' search
Click "please email me my password", I'm not sure how long it takes to arrive but when it does search for "OcUK - Overclockers UK" in the 'Team Stats' search, then click "I want to join this team".
Enter username, which is your email address and password that was emailed to you.

You can change your username from your email address to your own username, by clicking 'edit your information' under the ' Participant Stats' search.

I'll try and do as much moo wrapper work as I can, it just gets a bit hot in here when everything's going.

Soldato
Oz & Texas, and any one else doing Moo Wrapper, can you join OcUK's RC5-72 team please? then you'll earn points on RC5-72 when you do moo wrapper work, which will help on the DCVault, as it's a project on there.

To join go here http://stats.distributed.net/projects.php?project_id=8
Search for your boinc moo wrapper email address you used to sign up with in the 'Participant Stats' search
Click "please email me my password", I'm not sure how long it takes to arrive but when it does search for "OcUK - Overclockers UK" in the 'Team Stats' search, then click "I want to join this team".
Enter username, which is your email address and password that was emailed to you.

You can change your username from your email address to your own username, by clicking 'edit your information' under the ' Participant Stats' search.

I'll try and do as much moo wrapper work as I can, it just gets a bit hot in here when everything's going.

STATS ERROR

You have entered either an invalid id, or an incorrect password. As usual, feel free to contact [email protected] if you require help

There was an error processing your request.

Previous non-fatal errors occurred. Page contents follow.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Vaguely remember something like that when I signed up.
Can you try a different browser, possibly IE ?

PDW

PDW

Associate
I think I will only see it after a stats update tonight.
If you can see you are in OcUk then you are probably done.

Soldato
now that the ddm-project has 1st place, time to keep at universe and for me to tackle CSG :cool:

ddm should stay 1st as chris has added some intel power , but should I see them gaining again ill switch back over

Soldato
Just looking at other projects that are behind, I know it's not possible to be top in them all lol but I'm just doing a few units from cosmology to see how it scores and noticed rather than give several work units it allocates all cpu cores to 1 unit, is there any way to get 1 unit per cpu core

Actually, I think once baba brings frakenstein alive or should I say punisher it's possible to be top in most projects lol.

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
Just looking at other projects that are behind, I know it's not possible to be top in them all lol but I'm just doing a few units from cosmology to see how it scores and noticed rather than give several work units it allocates all cpu cores to 1 unit, is there any way to get 1 unit per cpu core
Easy way would be just to set your preferences to run the cambs_legacy app that uses a single core. Hard way would probably involve setting up the multi-core app as an anonymous platform :eek:
Would be interested to know what the difference in points score between the two is ?

Associate
Being top in every project is not possible, would not be possible even with a doubling of our current firepower. But being on top in overall scoring is very possible even probable with the right strategy.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Or that there is only one person doing anything on Cosmology.

But the reality is that with a team that is of a relatively few crunchers we cannot cover every project, or indeed even a majority of them in depth. To be honest many of the projects you guys are currently chasing seem to me, quite obscure in their aims. I'll plod away at the ones I'm happy with and if there is a side effect that this boosts ranks in leagues like this, great.

Associate
To be honest many of the projects you guys are currently chasing seem to me, quite obscure in their aims.

Persnally I've been doing ones where my CPU power can be put to some use for team rankings. Only project I really like is Folding, but since I only have a pair of 980's at my disposal which are on my gaming PC which is used quite a lot, it presents something of a problem.

Folding on the CPU is quite pointless since my pair of Xeons use about the same juice as a single 980 and produce about 1/4 the points. Much better for me to throw them at another project and help the team out much better :)

Associate
Persnally I've been doing ones where my CPU power can be put to some use for team rankings. Only project I really like is Folding, but since I only have a pair of 980's at my disposal which are on my gaming PC which is used quite a lot, it presents something of a problem.

Folding on the CPU is quite pointless since my pair of Xeons use about the same juice as a single 980 and produce about 1/4 the points. Much better for me to throw them at another project and help the team out much better :)

Is your i7-4930K overclocked much ?, your getting some good low times on universe

Back
Top Bottom