**** The LG G5 Thread ****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The whole screen will be always on, it won't have a dual display like the v10. The whole screen is the always on screen like the v10. It will likely be an AMOLED display due to this I bet.

The Galaxy S7 has an always on display too.

Mobster
Soldato
Unless it has a 3 finger gesture. 3 finger swipe down.

That would be good.

I'd also like to see the double tap to wake sensitivity improved. It seems rather unresponsive at times.

I'm sure having a knock code doesn't help but they really should make these things work better.

I also get pretty bad lag on my G4 at times. It's usually very fast but sometimes it will perform worse than my old iPhone 4s.

Soldato
To press a button, you apply force to it and tend to need a finger on the opposite side of the phone to oppose this force. For me this doesn't work to well when the button is on the back...

If it's like the Nexus 6P, no problem, as you don't need to press...

Soldato
To press a button, you apply force to it and tend to need a finger on the opposite side of the phone to oppose this force. For me this doesn't work to well when the button is on the back...

If it's like the Nexus 6P, no problem, as you don't need to press...
I never had a problem on the G4. You support the phone by holding the sides.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
G5 or S7 will be my next phone after nearly 17 months with my Z3c.

Initially thought G5 but it might be too big as I want about 5.1 inches, but also depends on battery life which I think will be the decider!

Associate
OP
Eh. Colour me disappointed.

• Instead of having the high end DAC built into the phone (like the V10), it's an optional money grabbing accessory
  • Less on board storage than the V10
  • No wireless charging support
  • They really should have added a camera button if they keep harping on about the camera
  • Swapping out the accessory modules requires turning the phone off, so it's not a simple and quick "plug and play"
  • The camera grip is really bulky, and of all the things they could have used the dial on it for, they use it for zoom...on a camera with no optical zoom :confused:

Soldato
Thanks for that stoosh! :D

What do you think of it?

My pleasure Mate :)

First impressions it does look impressive however from my experience with the G3 and G4 battery life is a major concern for me however that may have been addressed with the reduction in screen size and less power hungry SD820.

LG UI also is an issue but apparently LG have done away with the 'Q' apps and the app drawer - maybe a nod to Android N which Google have rumoured to have removed the app drawer as well.

I'll wait and see what the other manufacturers bring to the table then make an informed decision but nevertheless a good effort by LG.

what do you make of the device?

Soldato
Agreed I don't like the back of the phone it does look strange, however LG have been good in releasing updates of late. The G4 was one of the first devices to get Android Marshmallow and I think they will continue their update policy with this device too.

Back
Top Bottom