an empty box arrived :( how do you explain that

Caporegime
Could be a dodgy return where someone has bought it, taken it out and somehow managed to keep the seal intact/re-attach the seal?

Was it from Amazon warehouse?

There was a thread on hotukdeals in which someone bought a 50 inch TV from Amazon warehouse and when they opened it, it had an old 32 inch in the box ( ie someone had just sent back the box with their old tv in it for a return)

V F

V F

Soldato
Could be a dodgy return where someone has bought it, taken it out and somehow managed to keep the seal intact/re-attach the seal?

There was a thread on hotukdeals in which someone bought a 50 inch TV from Amazon warehouse and when they opened it, it had an old 32 inch in the box ( ie someone had just sent back the box with their old tv in it for a return)

Associate
Yep it's happened to me before, ordered a laptop and box arrived with no laptop in it but a bottle of water in its place to give the package some weight. Retailer didn't believe me at first and I didn't get a refund until they concluded a full investigation at the delivery company. Didn't even get an apology either after all that. Hence OCUK get all my business now!

Associate
OP

was the warehouse deal last week from hotukdeals! so jumped at it

Caporegime
If you're so hung up on Amazon's tax dodging, why are you buying stuff from them?

cos they're cheap, hassle free and have great customer service

not sure I'd want to work for them, they seem to treat their drones workers like ****, but their priority is the customer and as a customer I think they're awesome

it is up to the govt to crack down on the tax situation, which I hope they will do but which will require some international cooperation

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Yep, I ordered an electric toothbrush couple weeks ago, inside the package there were 4 DVD's.

5 mins on their online chat, replacement sent, received next day :)

Caporegime
Yep it's happened to me before, ordered a laptop and box arrived with no laptop in it but a bottle of water in its place to give the package some weight. Retailer didn't believe me at first and I didn't get a refund until they concluded a full investigation at the delivery company. Didn't even get an apology either after all that. Hence OCUK get all my business now!

Who was the retailer, ***** PC World?

Back
Top Bottom