DC Vault

Man of Honour
Its in my favourites but I don't spend much time there. Agreed, but we are a relatively small team compared to many, any diverted effort means something else falls a bit. But I have some plans to reinvigorate my flagging Boinc reputation, oh yes. :)

Soldato
OP
Considering I'm only a part timer now-a-days, and wouldn't be missed, I'm thinking of having a go at some of these boinc projects where we are placed fairly low to see what difference, if any it makes. I've already started on Yoyo@home where I'm fast becoming the No. 1 ranked OcUK contributor of all time! (there's only five others :D) at least I'll be top at something.

Soldato
When I got bored of seti about 3 years ago I went round a few different projects from the list there. You can actually make quite a big difference by running one of the projects where we are ranked very low because even a small contribution moves the team up the ranks very fast. Yoyo@home is a perfect example of that as you can see where you have moved us up 10 places today :D

Soldato
OP
Might have a dabble in Enigma then.. see if we can get a few places :)

Cool! I took a screenshot of the rankings yesterday, both teams above and below us gained 2 points in last 24Hrs, we gained 118 :) spot above us is just under 1000pts away.
I've been trying Sztaki, points are fairly low per work unit so decided to give it a miss as working our way up through the team rankings would be a bit tougher, I'm going to try WCG as well as yoyo, as we're lagging a bit on that one, see how it goes :)

Soldato
OP
Looks like the have the wrong OCUK team for WCG

It can be amended, but there's not much point really as the newer team is ranked lower, also looking more into how the DC Points system works I've decided it not a project worth me concentrating on, it's very popular so progress would be slow, plus the points per position change are low, currently 0.356896pts whereas yoyo for e.g. is 13.513513pts per position change.

Soldato
OP
I'm going to run Correlizer, which is our lowest scoring project, for a few days just to see how much difference it makes :)

I was looking around the DC Vault Project stats and noticed Correlizer, another team gained a place and in return received 50pts, so that could be a good target, you'll have to let us know how you get on.

I've been running NFS@home as well as yoyo, that looks like another good one to go for, 18pts per team position change and we're way down in 230 odd with teams just a few hundred points ahead of us and each other.

I feel a team stomp is imminent :D

Last edited:
Associate
Cant seem to get any work for Enigma Atm... Giving GIMPS a go. My Rosetta may drop a little for a few days but i have a different number to make move :) Exciting

Soldato
OP
WOW! What an update! 2,243pts :D
UK Boinc Team well and truly Stomped!, now up to 27th :D

Nice choice with correlizer Phil, that seems to be where the most progress is to be made. I'll have a break from yoyo & NFS and have a dabble there too.

Soldato
OP
I've signed up my laptop to a few more esoteric projects, especially apt as Seti@Home is being flakey

Great stuff :)

Probably going to take me a week to complete these GIMPS units.. but will probably give us a nice bump. Time will tell

Hopefully, GIMPS is now our lowest scoring project, I've noticed that each team position change in that is worth just over 28pts ... look forward to seeing what happens :)

And we've just had another 2000+ update :cool:

Soldato
OP
I'm having a go at RNA World now, should make rapid progress on that, but some of the WUs are really long, and I mean *really* long. Look at this one here I've picked up, and how many people have aborted it. The chap that completed it has been waiting since Jan for it to be validated, it took him over 2 weeks to complete, being nosey I looked at some of the other WUs he's done, the longest I saw took him a month and a half :eek:. It wouldn't be so bad but these WUs have NO checkpoints, only what the boinc client gives, I got up to 9% after well over 24hrs on it, rebooted not knowing and it went back to 2% :mad:

But on the bright side we're just over 2K points behind 26th :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom