Autumn Budget 2015

Associate
Anyone looking likely to bit hit massively by the budget? Think the police are going to take an unneccessary hammering in manning and also military in terms of pay.

I think there's going to be some good decisions but unfortunatley will be outweighed by horrendous cost cutting ones :eek:

BBC Live Updates

I think the police and security services are definitely on the block, which seems like an increasingly stupid situation given recent events.

However I would imagine the decision will be justified with May's incoming Snooper's charter, by way of allowing for more efficient policing and monitoring.

Associate
OP
I think the police and security services are definitely on the block, which seems like an increasingly stupid situation given recent events.

However I would imagine the decision will be justified with May's incoming Snooper's charter, by way of allowing for more efficient policing and monitoring.

I can't see any circumstance they can justify it, maybe get away with screwing the military over, I'm close to signing off any way but the police need backing. The only feasible outcome I can envisage is the slow privatisation of the police force.

Suspended
I just think cuts to the police will be irrecoverable, if anything they should be bolstering the police in terms of numbers, funding and kit.

Difficult decisions have to be made unfortunately. It's an impossible position to be in; he's going to upset someone whatever he does. He has a small pot that won't stretch to cover all needs.

Personally, my priorities are defence and law enforcement. I would like to see both entities given the funding and support they need to be World class.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Wasn't the deficit meant to have been cut by now.... This was statement in 2010 from the current chancellor.

As always the conservatives are only interested in keeping the upper echelons of society in wider gap, proof here is the Chancellor who said the above statement has clearly failed on every single thing he has said. Apart from keeping his chums in cash.

Back
Top Bottom