Steelcase Leap / Aeron / Mirra / Other?

Soldato
I need a new chair, this Markus is getting on a bit and is becoming pretty damn uncomfortable now. I spend way to much time sat at this desk and feel I should probably buy something semi decent. I have been looking at new Mirra's which come to around £630ish fully loaded. Second hand on ebay for around £250-300, same for the Leap v2. Also taken a look at some of the DX/AK race seat style chairs. Are these any good at all? Leaps seem difficult to find other than the bay. For those with one I assume that is where you got yours? I think I prefer the mesh style of the Mirra over the fabric of the leap. So many decisions and so difficult to try them out first.

Soldato
I really like my Steelcase Leap v1. Bought it from the bay after recommendations here and other places.
Refurbed (new fabric) and fully metal base, it weighs loads! (Good thing). Got it for £145 when ebay had the 20% off code not too long ago.
Lots of adjustments and feels like it'll last ages.
Before that I just had a leather chair bought online for about £70 and although it's 'lasted' a few years, the leather started wearing down after a year and the gas cylinder for the seat started going after 2.
Otherwise I can't compare or speak for the other expensive chairs.

Associate
+1 for the Leap.

I used to get through a new chair every year to 18 months when I bought cheap ones but my Leap bought second hand from the bay is still going strong after 5 years.

Permabanned
Something about the padding they used on the leap is great. I recommend not getting a reupholstered as more chance they put new padding in.

Ive had my leap bought second hand for about 2-3 years now and still fine, it was made in the year 2000 so 15 years old. Looking forward to buying a new v2 with head rest, if i ever get some spare money.

Back
Top Bottom