18 month old and new born holiday prices.

Associate
Ok so I make this thread to query some holiday prices.

6 adults and 2 kids under 2 years old. How much will it cost for the kids?

The reason I ask is I am told by my parents the holiday is £6k all together and that's £2k per couple (which makes it free for the two toddlers). I will be paying for me and the missus obviously but I am curious I am being mugged off into paying towards the kids going on holiday? My sister and her husbands kids that is.

I know it sounds awful but it has got my head spinning thinking about it.

Soldato
If it's got your head in that much of a spin I'd suggest you're probably better off not actually going on holiday with family if you distrust them so much!

With regards the price it'll depend. If a package then possibly yea the kids will be free. May be some charge for them on the flights though (assuming there are flights involved?)

Associate
OP
There are flights involved.

When I brought it up I got a comical reply. I don't mind chipping in if asked but to just assume I will... I will bring it up again.

Thanx for the reply.

Soldato
Why people go abroad on holiday with very young kids I don't know.
How much grief and hassle it is for something the kids wont even remember.
Keep it cheap and go hire a Caravan in Clacton :D for a few years til they can appreciate, enjoy and remember the utterly ludicrous expense of holidays abroad...

Associate
OP
Tbh. I struggle to hold the money to go on holiday so never do it. When someone else does it I am obliged to pay them back or get the holiday paid for so it's more convenient for me.

We are British we need some nice weather in the summer. It's almost 50/50 in the UK. Much better odds abroad.

Soldato
Why people go abroad on holiday with very young kids I don't know.
How much grief and hassle it is for something the kids wont even remember.
Keep it cheap and go hire a Caravan in Clacton :D for a few years til they can appreciate, enjoy and remember the utterly ludicrous expense of holidays abroad...

Don't agree with that at all. What grief and hassle?

Re utterly ludicrous expense - depends on your holiday type and destination. I've holidayed in Central and South West France and Paros, Greece numerous times and it usually works out cheaper than a UK based holiday or only slightly more expensive.

Man of Honour
Ok so I make this thread to query some holiday prices.

6 adults and 2 kids under 2 years old. How much will it cost for the kids?

The reason I ask is I am told by my parents the holiday is £6k all together and that's £2k per couple (which makes it free for the two toddlers). I will be paying for me and the missus obviously but I am curious I am being mugged off into paying towards the kids going on holiday? My sister and her husbands kids that is.

I know it sounds awful but it has got my head spinning thinking about it.

How can you expect an answer to this question without telling us where you are going and for how long?

For 4 weeks touring New Zealand its a total bargain.

Infants under 2 do not need a seat on a plane and therefore are not charged adult or child fare - it ranges from a small flat fee on shorthaul to about 10% of the full fare, with no tax due, for long haul.

No idea what they'd cost for other aspects of the trip.

Last edited:
Soldato
He's just said it's a £1000 quid each... for a holiday with all the baggage that young kids require... that THEY WONT REMEMBER, making it a pointless expense really. So other than fulfilling your own desire for a holiday abroad, you have to subject kids to 4-6hrs or more of sitting in a plane.. or annoying the ****out of everyone else if they don't sit still. :p :D and pressure changes on their ears that they don't know how to resolve..
For kids that age, it's torture.
Put the money in a savings account for a couple of years and have some nicer holidays in the future. The money will be much better spent IMO.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok here's more info.

Somewhere in Spain for two weeks. I think it's Tenerife.

Don't bother telling me better prices or anything I just wanted to know if I'm paying for the babies or not.

Associate
OP
Ok I forgot what made me suspicious in the first place.

They originally said it was 1800 per couple. Then when I was talking about it they said it was 6000 altogether so it's 2000 per couple. So I asked about paying for the babies thinking they forgot about that and was replied to with a big grin and a little humor. Making me think the extra 200 was for the babies.

Soldato
Try changing a nappy on a plane.

Never flew with our two until that stage was passed. Just carrying all the extra stuff for small children through an airport filled me with dread.

I've changed a nappy in worse places. Recently had to change our little one on a stair well because the infant changing room in a restaurant was out of order?!

Man of Honour
Ok here's more info.

Somewhere in Spain for two weeks. I think it's Tenerife.

Don't bother telling me better prices or anything I just wanted to know if I'm paying for the babies or not.

If you've got £2000 to spend on a 2 week holiday for two then say 'Thanks for the offer' and book your own trip on your own. You'll end up somewhere better without all this hassle.

You're probably not paying for the babies, if you are, it's about 30 quid return per baby I'd imagine.

Soldato
He's just said it's a £1000 quid each... for a holiday with all the baggage that young kids require... that THEY WONT REMEMBER, making it a pointless expense really. So other than fulfilling your own desire for a holiday abroad, you have to subject kids to 4-6hrs or more of sitting in a plane.. or annoying the ****out of everyone else if they don't sit still. :p :D and pressure changes on their ears that they don't know how to resolve..
For kids that age, it's torture.
Put the money in a savings account for a couple of years and have some nicer holidays in the future. The money will be much better spent IMO.

How's it a pointless expense? Just cause the infants won't remember it doesn't mean the parents can't create memories for themselves and have some lovely (possibly) photos to show the kids when they are older.
Keep putting off going on holidays with your kids and you don't know what's round the corner for them or you. Thanks but no thanks.

Our little girl will be about a year old come holiday time next year and I'll have no qualms or worries about having to pack a bit extra when we head off.

I think maybe you just don't like the idea of babies on planes :p

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;28865061 said:
If you've got £2000 to spend on a 2 week holiday for two then say 'Thanks for the offer' and book your own trip on your own. You'll end up somewhere better without all this hassle.

You're probably not paying for the babies, if you are, it's about 30 quid return per baby I'd imagine.

Thanx for the info. I believe the reason for the silly price is because it's in August which is needed because one of us work in education so can't really go any other cheaper time.

Also it's all inclusive.

Thanx for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom