Intel Launch the new 750 Series range of NVME SSD's in both 2.5" and HHHL Adaptor card versions.

Associate
Intel 750 Series PCI-E NVMe SSDs coming soon!

I have been waiting with baited breath for consumer NVMe solid state drives to become available, I check Google every day to see if anything NVMe-related has popped up within the last 24 hours (maybe I need to get out more) and today found something very interesting.

You've probably all seen the Intel P3600/P3700 NVMe drives on OcUK here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=2104&subid=2198

But availability on these isn't great, and the price isn't exactly consumer friendly either. Enter the Intel 750 series drives. These were supposed to be released in Q4 2014 but now they have started to appear on some German web retailers (which I shall not be mentioning due to forum rules) with availability showing from 26/02/2015. The price is around £830 for 1.2TB which should mean that the lower capacity variants might be extremely competitively priced for such a massive leap forward in performance, under half the price of the P3600 in fact!

Anyway, I wanted to create this thread to let you know the exciting news and also to ask the OcUK staff if they have an ETA on availability of the Intel 750 Series PCI-E drives?

Associate
OP
A few more bits of information for you all today!

400GB AIC Part number is: SSDPEDMW400G401
400GB 2.5" Part number is: SSDPE2MW400G401
1.2TB AIC Part number is: SSDPEDMW012T401
1.2TB 2.5" Part number is: SSDPE2MW012T401

The 400GB variant is already up for pre-order on some sites for around €448 and the 1.2TB is around €1,177, availability is a couple of weeks from now (allegedly). Also found the some parts of the specification too, of course these cannot be confirmed just yet!

ve6wdx.jpg

(Sorry for hotlinking before, this one is uploaded elsewhere)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
One UK retailer has listed the 400GB drive at £369.90 and the 1.2TB at £986.35. I really wish Intel had made an 800GB variant of this drive, but that price is a steal considering what the performance will be.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
They're over 6 times faster than the fastest SATA III SSDs that are out now. That might not get some people excited but my current machine is extremely old, running a SATA II SSD and an i7 920, this type of tech in my new build makes me pretty excited :)

Soldato
So why should I get excited about these devices? I'm not transferring large file around on a regular basis so will these make Windows, game and my applications load quicker?

I don't see the point in these unless you are moving large files or doing a lot of video editing or coding etc.

for gaming a sata 3 SSD would be fine.

I had 2 x Samsung evos in raid and when loading games and windows etc it didn't seem any faster than having them as a single drive

Associate
I don't see the point in these unless you are moving large files or doing a lot of video editing or coding etc.

for gaming a sata 3 SSD would be fine.

I had 2 x Samsung evos in raid and when loading games and windows etc it didn't seem any faster than having them as a single drive

My media server has millions of small metadata files on it...im hoping improved latency of nvme will make a big difference to ui performance.

Associate
OP
The SM951 is almost certain to be slower as it's still using AHCI.

Also it appears that the announcement date for the 750 series has been pushed back to April 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom