• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RMA return still not working

Soldato
So I sent my MB and CPU off to ocuk for testing as I couldn't get a post to the monitor or power to the keyboard. They tested it and send the MB back for repair as they found it to be faulty and the CPU back to me. I can't be without my pc for 28 days as the MB was MSI and had to go back to thr Netherlands.
So I purchased a 2nd brand new MB to see me by, drop the cpu in tonight and the same fault. Could it be my cpu was never tested despite my "posts ok" email I got from them?

Now before I rage at ocuk tomorrow is there anything I'm doing silly here.
Tried a different monitor, gpu, power cables, swapped ram around, hard drives, took the hole thing apart and rebuilt.
on the debug led it cycles through the 60s, which in the manual means cpu boot procedures.

Soldato
OP
Now got the pc booting, but only with ram in dimm slots 5 and 7, Ive tried all 4 sticks of ram in slot 8 and its boots with each stick, I can add ram in slots 5 and 7 but if I use 1 and 3 either or no boot again, any ideas?

Last edited:
Associate
Last time I came across that scenario with the dimm slots it was a fault with the CPU. Intel swapped it out very fast once I sent it them so you won't be without it for 28 days like a RMA repair.

Soldato
OP
That's good news, going to fill out the RMA on their website when I get home, did you have to return the heatsink?

I have overclocked mine in the past though it's back at stock settings now, do you think this will cause an issue also?

Associate
If you can prove the CPU was inherently faulty, then under the distance-selling regs, you ought to be able to get a replacement for free. A refund may be less likely due to the time elapsed.

Of course, if Intel have found it to be faulty, then they could well issue a replacement themselves.

Back
Top Bottom