Ram Aesthetics

Soldato
I was looking through OcUK and a few different sites for some RAM to compliment my build a little better but there doesn't seem to be any white. Well there is the odd kit but it's either too white or it's got some horrible heat sink.

RAM in general seems to be pretty ugly, the only set I like is the Corsair Dominator stuff, but it's silver, if it had a white top, I'd buy it in a heart beat. I don't fancy spraying it and saying goodbye to the warranty as its not the cheapest especially for DDR3.

Am I the only one who feels like this?

Soldato
AVexir do, do a core white series. I really like the look of the Avexir core series. Or there is the sabranco but the mix might not quite compliment your build. Other than that the only other half decent option is HyperX.

Does taking the cover off the dominator void warranty then?

Soldato
Yeah the hyper X isn't very nice. Why don't you get some solid black ram instead? Sure you won't get the extra white accent but the board you are using already has some white on it.

Soldato
OP
These are the only ones out all of all the DDR3 stuff that I kinda like.

The blue would clash on the avexir.

The geil stuff doesn't look too bad I guess.

I wonder if the hyper has white on top in the indent, that would be nice.

And then my favourite.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £292.86
(includes shipping: £9.90)

Soldato
A quick google shows the top is most white, The hyperX is black and there is another few lines of black. Looks okay. :)

Not a big fan of the dominator TBH too tall for my liking. The geil is quite gross and you're right the blue will clash :(

Soldato
I think the Hyperx stuff with two black and two white would look petty good. Give a nice contrast with the rest of the build.

I really like the fact the dominator stuff is tall.

Do it! Never though of mixing. Just seen the white and red mix that looks amazing. Black and white with your build would look even better.

Soldato
OP
Plastidip may just be your friend in this case :) You can just peel it off if you need to.
Dom plats with a white top would look sweet.

Pretty rigs ftw :p

Never thought of plasti dip. I'll look a little more into it.

Do it! Never though of mixing. Just seen the white and red mix that looks amazing. Black and white with your build would look even better.

Yeah I'm quite liking the idea of this now. This this'll be the way I go but I'll check out the above first.

Tbh guys, when your using the system. Your not gonna see what it looks like. Buy the best you can afford and sod aesthetics.:)

So you spent all that money on your PC and don't care what it looks like!? :eek:

Making it look pretty is the fun part of being into PC's, I enjoy it more than gaming!

Back
Top Bottom