Windows 10

Soldato
Where is the current Windows 10 home 1511 iso download located?

-edit
scratch that using their media creation tool instead
hopefully it will be the up to date version now

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Its back though isn't it.
It was only pulled due to it changing some of the privacy settings around, which set them back to default. Swear I read it's been fixed and it's been re-released.

Associate
I downloaded MCT again yesterday and it was the original release, not the November version...
As for as I know, if you still kept the November MCT it will download the November ISO so don't delete it yet if you still have it!

Last edited:
Soldato
I downloaded the Media Creation Tool from here and it downloaded the 1511 ISO image for me.

It also looks exactly the same file that I downloaded on 12/11/2015 - same size, version etc. :confused:

Soldato
Its back though isn't it.
It was only pulled due to it changing some of the privacy settings around, which set them back to default. Swear I read it's been fixed and it's been re-released.

News to me, I'll have to check.

I tend to look at it from a work related perspective. The information I saw mid-week related to issues with the ADK (Assessment and Deployment Kit), System Centre and some BitLocker issues.

Soldato
Aye it is 1511, it only does one single update after it is installed.
Then you put office on and it wants to update and update and update ;)
Such is life, not moving to 365 just yet.

Soldato
Need some help i was on win 10 with my old motherboard but now gone to intel and windows is not activated now.
I upgraded from win7 can i use my key do a clean install of win10 or do i need to instal 7 again then upgrade.

It depends what sort of license you had with Windows 7. If it was an OEM license, you will need to purchase a new Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 license. If it was a retail version of Windows 7, I believe you will first need to install that, and then upgrade. Although that part of it might have changed.

It depends what sort of license you had with Windows 7. If it was an OEM license, you will need to purchase a new Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 license. If it was a retail version of Windows 7, I believe you will first need to install that, and then upgrade. Although that part of it might have changed.

It was retail but i have the lost the disk now and i just tried to download windows 7 with my key but it says invalid.

Soldato
Soldato

That part of it hasn't changed, if you have a retail key then you can ask Microsoft to deactivate it and give a windows 10 key in return.

That's what I did recently.

Soldato
What kind of space on disk is windows 10 taking up? Some of the machines I have come across with windows 7 on have a c:\windows folder in excess of 50GB.

Soldato
Has anyone upgraded a machine to Windows 10 running Fences 2.3?

I've got it on my Windows 8.1 machine and I'm wondering if I can just upgrade and all will be OK?

Soldato
What kind of space on disk is windows 10 taking up? Some of the machines I have come across with windows 7 on have a c:\windows folder in excess of 50GB.

Thats a fair bit isnt it?
My main PC is running currently at 16GB for its Windows folder and thats with 8.1/64Bit

My Laptop is running Win 10 and thats at 9GB

Has anyone upgraded a machine to Windows 10 running Fences 2.3?

I've got it on my Windows 8.1 machine and I'm wondering if I can just upgrade and all will be OK?

I no longer use Fences, however, I did upgrade, it warned me that he program will need reinstalling and when I did the upgrade and reinstalled it, it did keep all the settings and so on.

This was with Fances 2.1 and so I think that if anything it will be even more compatible and so I would say that it should be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom