Budget £750 for a Gaming PC

Associate
Hi,

Time to get a new PC, budget is around £750.

I allready have the following:
- Benq 21" Monitor (DVI port only)
- SSD and 1TB HDD
- Windows 7

Will need a Case and PSU too, stock cooler is fine with me as not going to overclock, PC is kept off the ground with plenty space.

My preferences are an Intel Quad Core and mATX board, case with side window, although its not a must have.

My current setup is as follows:
- Intel Core 2 Duo Quad Q9550
- Gigabyte GA-G41m Motherboard
- MSI Nvidia 660
- 4GB Corsair DDR2 memory (2x2gb)
- 2 x 500GB SATA Hard Drive
- 650W corsair PSU

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So you can keep your PSU and HDD's

You want a mobo, cpu, ram, gpu, case and cooler?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, need a PSU too. stock cooler is fine for me as i dont really overclock or leave the PC on for too long. the PC will kept off the ground, with a lot of space around it.

EDIT: will edit 1st post

Associate
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £845.13
(includes shipping: £13.20)

This will be a very sweet build for you, reuse your PSU and bobs your uncle ;)
Reason i chose the 970 over the 390 (which is my personal preference) is due to the significantly lower power draw which means you can reuse the PSU.
If you want to cut costs down, take out the SSD and HDD, or buy a cheaper case, and select a lower tier motherboard.
Only one i really recommend taking out is the HDD and possibly a cheaper case to one you like (i really like the phanteks one) but thats down to personal preference or changing the motherboard as i think SSD's are an absolutely fantastic investment and well worth the money in my opinion.

EDIT: Just saw you need a PSU, will repost with a new build

Associate

Total: £798.13

Here you go, £30-40 over budget, take out the hard drive if needs be.
Like Snookums said, your current PSU will hold up nicely try to reuse as much as possible, and without the PSU, my build will go under £750!

Associate
OP

Total: £798.13

Here you go, £30-40 over budget, take out the hard drive if needs be.
Like Snookums said, your current PSU will hold up nicely try to reuse as much as possible, and without the PSU, my build will go under £750!

Sorry if i'm sounding a bit silly, but in the past i've stuck to kingston ram and MSI cards, what are avexir and zotac like as it will be a first for me.

EDIT: pricewise its more or less spot on, thanks.

Associate
Sorry if i'm sounding a bit silly, but in the past i've stuck to kingston ram and MSI cards, what are avexir and zotac like as it will be a first for me.

EDIT: pricewise its more or less spot on, thanks.

Kingston and Msi are good to stick by! Avexir and Zotac are 'smaller' companies, but still very very good, but they are a lot cheaper and perform equal if not better than the 'bigger' brands.
Avexir in specific is becoming very very big in the memory market, producing some insanely quick ram, aswell as being extremely nice.

Associate
@theaterix Thanks, missed out on the 390 recently, think it was up for around £215 , will most likely go for a cheaper case like mentioned.

@Snookums thanks , will stick with current PSU as both of you recommended.

Yeah if you want too, take the SSD i mentioned above instead of the PSU i mentioned in my last post. Believe me when i say, SSD's are worth their higher costs. Use it as a boot drive and thank me later ;)

Associate
OP
Yeah if you want too, take the SSD i mentioned above instead of the PSU i mentioned in my last post. Believe me when i say, SSD's are worth their higher costs. Use it as a boot drive and thank me later ;)

Thanks, ssd will be on the list. Most likely will have one 500gb hdd and the ssd as a primary.

Back
Top Bottom