Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Soldato
Bad power buttons that the N5 had? Keep an eye on it and request a replacement if it happens again.

The widespread "problem" with the N5 power button was it rattling if you shook the phone. It wasn't an issue in itself (mine still does it 2 years later), but I guess it annoyed some people enough to request a change, but it wasn't faulty as such.

Soldato
The widespread "problem" with the N5 power button was it rattling if you shook the phone. It wasn't an issue in itself (mine still does it 2 years later), but I guess it annoyed some people enough to request a change, but it wasn't faulty as such.

Was it? I've repaired quite a few with faulty power buttons. I thought it was a bad batch of buttons itself.

Soldato
Sent mine back for a refund. After less than a month of ownage, the back panel had awful finger oil smudges that I just couldn't get rid of. And it looked naff. The bottom half of the backside of the phone went glossy where the top half was still matte. Gutted cause I really liked the phone.

Soldato
Was it? I've repaired quite a few with faulty power buttons. I thought it was a bad batch of buttons itself.

It wasn't faulty in that a widespread rattle didn't cause widespread problems. There were very few reports of power button failures on forums, mainly people complaining about rattles in the first batches - a rattle you could only really hear if you held it up to your face.

Soldato
It wasn't faulty in that a widespread rattle didn't cause widespread problems. There were very few reports of power button failures on forums, mainly people complaining about rattles in the first batches - a rattle you could only really hear if you held it up to your face.

I never even noticed. My new N5X is a bit rattly but only just discovered that now.

Man of Honour
I'm loving the phone but it's a little tall, and going up stairs 2 at a time can be a bit awkward. If it is in your jacket pocket then it's fine.

Low light photography is great though.

It has at times been a little laggy/slow. Not entirely sure why. A reboot sorts it out though.

A couple of shots from Top Gear Live (though it's not called that anymore :p)

Qxwi6MB.jpg

CEguO8F.jpg

Soldato
Finally bought a 5X after much indecision, not done much with it yet but have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with the look and feel. I was expecting it to feel much more plasticky, but it feels great.

However not sure about a case now, I was planning to keep it naked but it just feels like it might need a little protection.

Soldato
Finally bought a 5X after much indecision, not done much with it yet but have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with the look and feel. I was expecting it to feel much more plasticky, but it feels great.

However not sure about a case now, I was planning to keep it naked but it just feels like it might need a little protection.

I've had the ice coloured one since launch day not treated mine that well at all, chucked into pockets with all sorts and it doesn't have a single scratch on it.

I'm still not that happy with the performance though, I find unless I reboot it every day or so then it grinds to a halt. I am unable to track down what is causing it currently.

Soldato
I've had the ice coloured one since launch day not treated mine that well at all, chucked into pockets with all sorts and it doesn't have a single scratch on it.

I'm still not that happy with the performance though, I find unless I reboot it every day or so then it grinds to a halt. I am unable to track down what is causing it currently.

I guess I'll just have to see on performance, might grab a Spigen case for now as fairly cheap, probably end up using it for a few months while its new and then take it off, usually what happens with me.

Can't decide on colour though, I've gone white for the phone which I really like but the white case looks a bit odd with the lip coming round to the front.

Back
Top Bottom