Going from normal SIM to Micro SIM - HTC One X

Soldato
This is in relation to this thread.

Hi,

I am getting a HTC One X and currently have a BB Bold 9900

The BB uses a standard SIM whereas the HTC requires a Micro-SIM

My question is, what is the best option for me to transfer my contacts from the standard SIM to a Micro-SIM?

I want to keep the same mobile number as I have now

Hope you can help :)

Man of Honour
Google contacts is generally the best way to go about this sort of thing, however, I'm not sure if you can create Google contacts on the 9900.

I know you can download Google contacts to it so maybe look into that. If you can get them uploaded to there, they'll all appear when you put your gmail address into your new Android phone.

This may be useful: http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

Soldato
OP
Google contacts is generally the best way to go about this sort of thing, however, I'm not sure if you can create Google contacts on the 9900.

I know you can download Google contacts to it so maybe look into that. If you can get them uploaded to there, they'll all appear when you put your gmail address into your new Android phone.

Thanks, I will check that out now :)

Soldato
OP

Just looking at that video, doesn't say that it works with Android though?

Soldato
OP
Just looked at another website and it says that Google Sync will work with BB and Android

So to be on the safe side I think I will do that

Now just need to ring O2 and ask them to send me a micro-SIM with my current number :D

Man of Honour
It really is that easy and it's hard to brake it. Unless of course you cut the big clear brass coloured chip. But why would you do that.
Far less hassle than getting new sim. And he can also save numbers to existing phone and sim in a couple if seconds. So it's not the only place his numbers are. Or google sync it, then cut sim.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just looking at that video, doesn't say that it works with Android though?

It doesn't need to work with Android as Android has it all natively. I assume it will just sync your contacts to your Gmail account and then they are all there - sorted.

Soldato
OP
It really is that easy and it's hard to brake it. Unless of course you cut the big clear brass coloured chip. But why would you do that.
Far less hassle than getting new sim. And he can also save numbers to existing phone and sim in a couple if seconds. So it's not the only place his numbers are. Or google sync it, then cut sim.

I see what you're saying, but this phone is a replacement for my BB 9900, so that is being taken back, I won't have them both at any one time so can't do what you're saying about saving them to my current phone as that would not help me

It doesn't need to work with Android as Android has it all natively. I assume it will just sync your contacts to your Gmail account and then they are all there - sorted.

Yeah I realised that afterwards, oops lol

It sounds like a good idea, will try it out soon and see if it backs them up properly (Y)

Soldato
OP
Tried to use Google Sync

It done a few contacts (13 of 73) but now it says 'Sync Failed. Server problem. Please try again later'

Tried this about 3 times but still isn't working

Also, seems odd that the 13 that is has done, are contacts I've added AFTER I have got this phone, the others that were on my SIM before have not worked

Am I doing something wrong?

Soldato
OP
If you've got a steady hand just cut your sim down to size.

I might do this, as it would be easiest and quickest, but I want them backed up somewhere before I do that, and can't use Blackberry Desktop Manager to do that because my new phone is a HTC

Associate
I might do this, as it would be easiest and quickest, but I want them backed up somewhere before I do that, and can't use Blackberry Desktop Manager to do that because my new phone is a HTC
You can get a special hole punch device that can trim your sim card with precision. It depends on which sim card you currently have. Also you can get adapters to convert a micro sim into a normal sim (basically a jacket for the sim card). If your on o2 go into the store and they'll do it for you (ttansfer contacts, not cut the sim)

Back
Top Bottom