Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Associate
Soldato
So if i buy ( pre-order) the digital deluxe do i not only get the china rising expansion pack ...but also other expansion packs when they come online to be downloaded? or do i have to pay out extra for those once they are available ?

Soldato
I'm just wondering how people bind/map their keyboards and mice with BF games.

I've never previously bothered and just used the scroll wheel to change weapons so its likely I'm making the game even harder for myself.

Just grabbed myself a very cheap Logitech G105 keyboard so need to set that up.

Any tips?

Man of Honour
I'm just wondering how people map their keyboards and mice with BF games.

I've never previously bothered and just used the scroll wheel to change weapons so its likely I'm making the game even harder for myself.

Any tips?

I use a mixture of both - I'm an old school arrow keys player so i.e. playing support class I had mg on delete, airburst on end, grenade on page down then I just scroll on mouse to get pistol, etc. also have light/pointer toggle on insert, weapon deploy double bound to primary weapon (would have put it on home and might rejig to do that) and support items on home and page up i.e. ammobox.

Associate
So if i buy ( pre-order) the digital deluxe do i not only get the china rising expansion pack ...but also other expansion packs when they come online to be downloaded? or do i have to pay out extra for those once they are available ?

Digital Deluxe is just the base game (BF4) + China Rising DLC + 3 Gold Battlepacks and a Vehicle Shortcut Bundle.

You need to either buy BF4 Premium in addition to the base game/deluxe version to get all the later DLC or buy them individually when they launch.

All the details on this page: http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield-4/buy

Associate
I'm just wondering how people bind/map their keyboards and mice with BF games.

Any tips?

Hey fozzy

i'm not like most people in so far as i dont use wasd for movement , it just doent suit my fingers + it doesnt give me enough options to the left. I use wer and d for reverse , this enables me to make use of the q,a,s and z buttons with my little finger. Also i can bind tab for using voip as its so easy to get to. I put crouch with a and s for spot and q for prone. t=reload, g=grenade,f=steady scope. 5 is for sprint and 3+4 are gadgets. mouse thumb for pistol as you use it so much its got to be right there. 2nd thumb for knifing and only use scroll up for primary as dont want to be going through weapons to get back to primary.

Same in vehicles just use thumb button for 2nd weapon so you can change instantly. The rest is your choice but i can get to map zoom using that backslash thing next to z

oh and i bind t to enter/exit too as it doesnt matter about reload when you jump into vehicles ,it can manage both.

hth

Soldato
Cheers Rroff and dodg3rman.

I'm not sure I could ever change from using WASD now. I'm far too stuck in my ways.

Do you use the tilt wheel (if you have one) on your mouse for anything? I'm thinking that might be useful for grenade (left tilt) and knife (right tilt). The first button I'll change is whatever CTRL is used for. I've always found it out of my reach.

Permabanned
I bought the digital deluxe and will buy the premium if/when it comes down in price and around the time the second expansion comes online. The vehicle shortcut also applies to bf3 as I have gone in to bf3 since preordering and i now have loads of vehicle weapons that i never had before. I think they were locked.

I saw on one site it said start date is 1st November but on another it said 29th. Any ideas on exact date?

Soldato
Ah damn was hoping to play on the 29th :(

As simplykeys where I have my pre-order from have the release date as the 1st I am assuming I won't get the key until 30th/31st?

Did BF3 launch simultaneously?

Soldato

I'm not sure I could ever change from using WASD now. I'm far too stuck in my ways.

Do you use the tilt wheel (if you have one) on your mouse for anything? I'm thinking that might be useful for grenade (left tilt) and knife (right tilt). The first button I'll change is whatever CTRL is used for. I've always found it out of my reach.

Hey Fozzy, I use X key for medkits / Ammo packs for BF3 meaning I didn't have to use my W finger to hit button 3. Apart from that all I did was rebind the TV missile to WASD as well so for those big curves (more applicable in 2vs2 heli matchs) on my TV missile.

Soldato
Digital Deluxe is just the base game (BF4) + China Rising DLC + 3 Gold Battlepacks and a Vehicle Shortcut Bundle.

You need to either buy BF4 Premium in addition to the base game/deluxe version to get all the later DLC or buy them individually when they launch.

All the details on this page: http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield-4/buy

Thanx Gaz

think I'll leave getting it for the time being though and wait till a drop in price lol

Associate

I current use a g700 mouse and have to say its really handy having 4 thumb buttons.

I have on the four thumb buttons, melee, voip button (don't like voice activation), gadget (defib, c4, blow torch etc..), fire mode change.

Having these on the mouse means I can set 'F' for grenade so its right next to WASD keys, and then use number '3' for the other gadget (med box, rocket etc..)

Then usual combo of Ctrl shift for prone/couch choices.

Soldato
Hey Fozzy, I use X key for medkits / Ammo packs for BF3 meaning I didn't have to use my W finger to hit button 3. Apart from that all I did was rebind the TV missile to WASD as well so for those big curves (more applicable in 2vs2 heli matchs) on my TV missile.

How many keys other than WASD do you use altogether? I want to try and use as few keys as possible.

I think I might have to install a game to test whether I suffer with this 'mouse lag' issue that seems to be happening in Windows 8.1. I wasn't going to do any gaming until 1st Nov but I don't want to have the issue spiling BF4 on launch day.

Back
Top Bottom