How do you feel when starving and someone messes with you or your food

Soldato
How do you feel when your starving and someone messes with you or your food Some thing you've been looking forward to ??

Home, Restaurant, takeout ext.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Pizzas had been kept sideways en route; wasn't particularly pleased.

Only time they've messed up in 2 years though so didn't bother to complain.

Soldato
Is this like when my Just Eat order arrives, I get it in almost salivating at the thought of the dinner I'm about to eat, the delicious smell of spicy grilled chicken with garlic mayonnaise wafting out of the bag, knowing that there is a portion of chips covered in cheese that has melted over them and turned all gooey and lovely but it turns out that the cheesy chips don't actually have any cheese on because they forgot to put it on, but I don't want to ring up because then the chicken wrap I've ordered will go cold and I don't want to eat it and then wait for chips to be redelivered so I just have to deal with eating my non cheesy chips while sobbing quietly to myself??

Soldato
When you order cheesy chips from anywhere and it is actually just chips with a few un-melted grates.

When you order a big chinese and your soup decides to flood every container but the one you ordered it in.

I get a little miffed i suppose but when i am hungry, i pretty much zombie speed eat until satisfied and emotions are a distant tickle until then.

I have a friend who really hates mayonnaise. People seem to ignore his request for no mayo every time we order a burger at a place and he goes ballistic. He cant even scrape it off and continue!

Soldato
I got collared into an IKEA trip on Sunday. The deal with my girlfriend was that we could get a full english breakfast (she hates cooking them at home so we rarely have it). We get there at 11am and it's mayhem, so decide to run round the first 'half' of the store to check the bits we want (we pretty much knew anyway). We get back round to the cafe at 11:23am to find that they stop serving breakfasts at 11am! :mad: Wtf? It's a Sunday? Who stops serving breakfasts at 11am? It's barely even time for brunch, let alone lunch. No I don't want those ridiculous meatballs or an insipid-looking bit of roast lamb. I wanted a full English damnit! :mad: :mad: So we had a coffee and some cake, legged it round and got the hell out of there. IKEA+low blood sugar = :mad::mad::mad::mad::(

Soldato
OP
When you order cheesy chips from anywhere and it is actually just chips with a few un-melted grates.

When you order a big chinese and your soup decides to flood every container but the one you ordered it in.

I get a little miffed i suppose but when i am hungry, i pretty much zombie speed eat until satisfied and emotions are a distant tickle until then.

I have a friend who really hates mayonnaise. People seem to ignore his request for no mayo every time we order a burger at a place and he goes ballistic. He cant even scrape it off and continue!

I know how he feels, Ive ordered a grilled peri peri burger before and the put mayo on it :confused:
what was the point in ordering something healthy it if your going to put mayo on it for me.:mad:

kai

kai

Soldato
I am use to eating every few hours, so if I am out for a meal It's a cheat - so expectations are always high :p

If someone messes with my food I get irritable then angry! I remember going to a high end steak house. It took them 4 attempts to actually cook a steak medium rare. If it come to me medium even close to well done I would have just eat it. The first 3 they absolutely destroyed it to the point it was just a leather boot. No blood, no red just charcoal.

4th time I asked just give it to me rare/blue followed by a tyrant of **** because the waiter had an attitude and thought I was taking the ****.

Do not mess about, especially if I have been looking forward to it for weeks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Me, phoning Mrs Cheesyboy after a late finish from work:

Me: I was going to pick up a kebab on my way home - you want anything?
Mrs C: No, don't, I've made dinner
Me: What is it, it's a bit late, has it been sat out for hours?
Mrs C: Got to go, I'm getting the kids to bed

I don't get Kebab (this was, as an aside, due to be my first kebab in about 2 years), and arrive home to cold, dried out Spag Bol. I was, probably to an unreasonable degree, very grumpy :mad:

Associate
Is it classed as messing with your food when you order something and they get it wrong? I swear every time I make an order, no matter how big or small, they somehow managed to get something wrong.

Soldato
Put the spag bol in the microwave and stop moaning. It will be just as good as when it was fresh, its only spag bol!

It really wasn't (as good). I eat most of my weekday evening meals reheated, as I get home a bit too late to keep the kids waiting for their dinner. But, this being a couple of hours later than usual, the spaghetti was very dried out and, on top of the age of the dish, Spag Bol is my least favourite of all the meals I come home to**. It was quite the downgrade from the dirty, mouth-watering kebab (which, as mentioned, would have been the first for years).

** That's despite it being me who actually makes the bolognese.

Soldato
OP
It really wasn't (as good). I eat most of my weekday evening meals reheated, as I get home a bit too late to keep the kids waiting for their dinner. But, this being a couple of hours later than usual, the spaghetti was very dried out and, on top of the age of the dish, Spag Bol is my least favourite of all the meals I come home to**. It was quite the downgrade from the dirty, mouth-watering kebab (which, as mentioned, would have been the first for years).

** That's despite it being me who actually makes the bolognese.

You have a point, I assume you was looking forward to the kebab.

Associate
Every friday I phone order my cod and do my own chips. Hate soggy chip shop chips but that's another story.

Every week I tell them I want the crust on my battered fish on the crispy side and 3/4 of the time is soggy and oily and the fish is broken in two. Hate it like that.

However when its spot on I love it.

Soldato
OP
Every friday I phone order my cod and do my own chips. Hate soggy chip shop chips but that's another story.

Every week I tell them I want the crust on my battered fish on the crispy side and 3/4 of the time is soggy and oily and the fish is broken in two. Hate it like that.

However when its spot on I love it.

I assume you pick it up ?

Why dont you get them to wrap it when you get to the shop.

Soldato
I become very grumpy if I'm hungry. It's like I have an '******* toggle' in which when I'm hungry I become an insufferable person to be with. It annoys me but I can't stop. Then when I've been fed I'm all pally again

Me: I'm grabbing a McDonald's, do you want anything?
Gf: No thanks.
Me : sure?
Gf: yup.
*orders food to satisfy my hunger*
Gf: can I have a chip? Can I have a bite?..
Me: FUUUUuUUuuUUU!!

This is my pet hate in my relationship. Especially when we order an Indian. I don't do the whole "oh, we'll order different dishes and share". No. That's not how it works. How it works is I'll order what I want to eat and you'll order what you'll want to eat. Maybe we'll share a naan.

Back
Top Bottom