The plumber wore sweaty trainers...

Associate
My wife is a reader of Mumsnet and some of the topics are too comical, unintentionally, for words but today I came home and found her in fits of laughter about someone's 'problem'. If you want a giggle, read this. What a dilemma, eh?

HOW SHOULD I DEAL WITH A TRADESMAN WITH SWEATY TRAINERS?

I'd love to hear some advice or thoughts on this unusual topic.

We're having some major works done in our house (switching the bathroom and kitchen, basically) and so there's a big plumbing job to be done. We've got an absolutely delightful plumber, a really lovely lad to do the work. He's about 30 and is charming, polite - good-looking too, although that's not really got anything to do with it, I know!

There's an issue though, and I really don't know how to deal with it. Every day he works in his shorts and his socks and leaves his shoes in the porch. He wears those canvass-type shoes, I'd call them plimsolls but I suppose they're more like Vans. The problem is though ... they smell!

There's no problem with him at all, he's a delight working away but in the porch his shoes really whiff. It's just an unpleasant sweaty smell that eminates from his trainers. I really don't know what to do. My partner moans about the aroma in the porch and it's a bit embarrassing if anyone calls at the door.

I guess it's probably the reason why he works in his socks but it's awkward. I could put the shoes outside but that's a big obvious and I've put an air freshener in the porch but it's not helping much.

Does anyone think I should something or just put up with it for the next few weeks?

Soldato
If my wife read mumsnet and called a plumber that came into my house good looking then I would be worried. Face it, your probably all like two peas in a pod.

Associate
OP
If my wife read mumsnet and called a plumber that came into my house good looking then I would be worried. Face it, your probably all like two peas in a pod.

:confused:

If you read the post, my wife simply read the topic on mumsnet. It's got nothing to do with us, other than comedy value.

As for my missus reading mumsnet, well I'm not getting too bothered about that!!

Soldato
If his trainers smell that bad, wouldn't his feet also be stinking up the house?
It wouldn't take very long for even a brand new pair of socks to be drenched in stench.

Don't ask me how I know :o

Back
Top Bottom