New Chair for a hefty chap!

Associate
Hey guys, i'm looking for a chair that can hold my large body :D , I've been having abit of a sneak peak on Overclockers and the ones i like the look of tend to JUST hold my weight. Would i be best suited getting the one that can hold a lot more than my actual weight as i'm not sure if the 120kg max load would hold out long term, main reason i'm asking is that i want to know if splashing out an extra £40-£100(can't remember exactly how much extra) for the one that hold more weight is the better idea, not sure if having the chair maxed out all the time would hold out long term.

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Which chair(s) are you looking at specifically?

Well, most DXRacers and Nobles. This is mainly as they're the ones I've heard the most about. I took peak at some of the others like the Vertagear and they're roughly the same price but I haven't heard anything about them and to be honest, I'd never actually heard of them until looking around on OC's. Infact, i'd never heard of many of the ones on OC's until i looked around.

So to be honest i have no idea how well made and comfortable the others might be.

I was planning on spending around £200ish on a new chair but the ones around that price are 120Kg max load which forces me to slap an extra £100 so i'm not straining the chair all day.

Associate
I would also look at the design of the seat and back to make sure they will work for you as well.

As an example, the DXRacers 'King' can easily handle the weight requirement, but some users complain that the curved edges of the seat cut into their legs too much for comfort.

Associate
OP
I would also look at the design of the seat and back to make sure they will work for you as well.

As an example, the DXRacers 'King' can easily handle the weight requirement, but some users complain that the curved edges of the seat cut into their legs too much for comfort.

Thats a fair point tbh, i wish i could test them in some sort of store but i don't know of any that stock them.

Soldato
This thread seems to have dropped off, but I'm thinking of treating myself to a nice chair too and I'm up close to 130kg.

GinGo, what did you go for? Or still deciding?

Also, as has been mentioned, is there a good place to go to try them?

I was at Comic Con a few weeks back, I wasn't thinking about a chair then, which is a shame as they had one stall with 12-15 chairs to try... :(

Associate
I have done a lot of research on the same matter.

Have pulled the trigger on the DX Racer Classic chair on offer at the moment. I have a feeling prices will go up due to the poor sterling exchange.

I have a DX racer already and love it but as I am bigger now going for a wider model.

Associate
OP
GinGo, what did you go for?

I did choose and i ended up going for the DXRacer King Series Gaming Chair, my friend has a DXRacer so i know the build quality on them is very good and even though it was a normal 120kg one i still fit in it easily and was so damn comfy. Obviously i got the King Series one as i'm not 100% what i am in KG's but i do know i'm more than 120kg's.

I would say the King series one for sure. I get mine tomorrow so i can't say too much tbh but like i said, i tried a friends and loved it.

Associate
I did choose and i ended up going for the DXRacer King Series Gaming Chair, my friend has a DXRacer so i know the build quality on them is very good and even though it was a normal 120kg one i still fit in it easily and was so damn comfy. Obviously i got the King Series one as i'm not 100% what i am in KG's but i do know i'm more than 120kg's.

I would say the King series one for sure. I get mine tomorrow so i can't say too much tbh but like i said, i tried a friends and loved it.

Let us know man and GL

Associate
OP
Let us know man and GL

Got it today, heavy as a MF! but nice and simple to slap together. I'm heading the back support thing and the headrest and they're lovely, its very comfortable i have to admit, £319.99 i paid for it from OcUK's and i'm mad happy with it, i always begrudged paying so much for a chair but in all fairness, i use it more than my PC and my PC cost half my soul, my left foot and all of my funds. :p

Back
Top Bottom