Steam Summer Sale 2016 set for 23rd June for two weeks

Soldato
That's one of the best games I've ever played. You should definitely purchase it.

Yeh TTP looks really good but I feel like it is one of those games I'll start and stop playing after a couple of hours.
The wife is more into 'The Witness' so thinking I'll wait for a proper deal on that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked up the project cars dlc. Barely touched the full game yet but what I've seen if it is simply jaw dropping visuals so it'll get some use!

Soldato
Yeh TTP looks really good but I feel like it is one of those games I'll start and stop playing after a couple of hours.
The wife is more into 'The Witness' so thinking I'll wait for a proper deal
On that.

Yeah, I've had two or three goes at it. I really don't see what the fuss is all about tbh. It's got some puzzles but it's not a patch on portal. The story line hasn't drawn me in at all. It's just solve the puzzle.... What kind of key do I need now? Ok, solve one of those puzzles. Rinse & repeat.

Soldato
Anyone got recommendations for games that work well with the Link that are in the sale? I'm after some new games to play from the couch and the Link is a convenient way to do this. I purchased a Steam Controller the other day so that I have the ability to use the mouse as well if needed, so all recommendations welcome!

I bought grid:autosport for that exact reason. Also have middle earth:shadow of mordor. Rocket league works, but I had to reduce the gfx quality massively although my system is very old... AMD phenom II X3 720, 4gb ram, hd6850.

Caporegime
Yeah, I've had two or three goes at it. I really don't see what the fuss is all about tbh. It's got some puzzles but it's not a patch on portal. The story line hasn't drawn me in at all. It's just solve the puzzle.... What kind of key do I need now? Ok, solve one of those puzzles. Rinse & repeat.

I found myself just pausing in Talos going "Wow, that's so cool" when you finally solve a puzzle. Some of them are ingenious. Didn't really get that with either of the Portals. OK, maybe I did. It's been a long time since I played those.

Soldato
https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/30/th...ioshock-2-on-steam-get-remaster-upgrade-free/

It seems the Bioshock games are going to be remastered soon. Anyone that already has them on steam will get upgraded for free, so could be a good time to buy them if you dont already own them as the remastered versions will probably be more expensive.

Typical, I own all three but Bioshock is disc based and my key wont work in steam so I'm going to have to spend £1.90 to get it :p

Soldato
I bought grid:autosport for that exact reason. Also have middle earth:shadow of mordor. Rocket league works, but I had to reduce the gfx quality massively although my system is very old... AMD phenom II X3 720, 4gb ram, hd6850.

I have just done the same and had the same question.

I picked up shadow of mordor as it is pretty cheap. Think I will wait for rise of the tomb raider, but that seems like a good shout for this setup.

The Tomb raider games should be great for this and any driving games..
Also Maybe GTA V & the batman games & the Lego games

From my experiance any console ports or games with native 360 controller support have worked spot on. Dark souls 1 being the only game that didnt work right but that was down to a bad port and the dsfix getting in the way

Thanks for the replies! I picked up Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag as I've been meaning to do that forever. Unfortunately the controller support for it sucks. The Steam Controller doesn't work properly at all. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually with the myriad of config options available to the controller though.

I also picked up Medieval II: Total War for some large-scale TV battles. I don't know how it'll work with the controller in terms of the trackpad ability, but I'm keen to give it a go.

And finally, I purchased Windward because it seems to have full controller support, and a ship sailing game akin to Sid Meier's Pirates will be awesome on the Link.

I've also got my eye on Stranded Deep, but it's still in early access and doesn't list controller support so I'm not so sure at the moment. Either that or Broforce, that looks like a lot of fun!

Back
Top Bottom