What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
I enjoyed 1 a lot for the first half but after that it got a bit samey. 2 was great. I never played 3 because of the uproar over the ending, worth playing?

The fixed ending is somewhat passable I think. The Ending they had initially with the game was a mess which a lot of the initial uproar was about. But still the journey getting to that point is well worth it with number 2 and 3. Must have played series 4 times over at least, cant wait for Andromeda!

It's so good that after playing GOW4 for about 40 minutes it made me want to play it again.

Yep, just finished it this evening, fantastic game. Still for the initial reboot to go through. Hopefully just as good.

Associate
Playing Miscreated atm. Environment is quite good graphically. They have done some good work with fog and night time. Server's atm are a mess as seems to have quite a few drop outs. Not had a crash so far given that its early access.

Soldato
In between playing BF1, i've come across a completely random game called My Summer Car, think of it as a Finnish open world Car Mechanic simulator with booze, bad language and permadeath. Its a bloody odd combination but bizarrely intriguing, its early access on steam, and as such its a bit rough around the edges and only one car to build at the moment, but there is a variety of vehicles to drive, and missions to complete to gain money to keep you stocked on booze and junk food and therefore alive, just dont forget to go for a **** or take a knap.
Graphics leave much to be desired but dont distract from the game, also the game requires patience... lots of it, very little in the way of help/tutorials, you are left to just jump in and figure it out, but its oddly satisfying.:D

Ree

Ree

Associate
completed mafia and loved it despite its obvious flaws so back to fifa 17 and f1 till the skyrim remaster in a few days.

Soldato
So I decided to wait a little while before buying the new Civ - Instead, I've been playing Civ 5 again and tonight I just got a Diplomatic Victory on King :D

Associate
Currently ploughing through Batman Arkham Origins. Had loads of issues when I first bought it and seems to run OK now though. Not the best of the series but I am a fan of all things bat so i will keep going. Arkham Knight next now that most of the issues with that are apparently fixed :o

Associate
Just started Life is Strange and loving it so far. So much so that after playing part of Episode 1 I've just purchased the complete Season (Episodes 1-5).

Stumbled across it earlier today on the forum somewhere and would like to thank whoever/whichever post it was!

Very much looking forward to playing the rest of it, once again thanks! :)

Soldato
Bad Company 2 is still the best Battlefield IMO after Bf2 and even in 2016 its still heavily played.

Bad Company 2 was awesome. I have well over 100 hours played on it and really enjoyed the maps. Maybe I should log in again and give it another chance. It was also the last of the Battlefield games to use Steam so it is much easier to play from my perspective as well since I hardly ever install Origin on my new machines.

Soldato
FTL: Faster Than Light. Again.

After a couple of goes feeling my way in with a new ship (the Zoltan Adjudicator), I've beaten the Rebel capital ship 2 in a row (all on Normal mode, standard edn). It's a pretty good ship this one, once you figure out how to play to its strengths.

Associate
Tried again to get into dishonoured but it still does nothing for me. Shame really because it gets so many good reviews but I don't enjoy it. Need to find something else to play.

Soldato
Still slogging through Dark Souls 2. Not slogging through as in having to force myself, just because, well, This is Dark Souls!

Such as: So, I seem to have released five ruin sentinels from cells and now am finding progress past this particular area... somewhat challenging! Or... dang, no casts left except a few dark hail, better head back to the bonfire... oh good, an invader...

It doesn't have the awe factor of Dark Souls (how that game blew my mind when I first realised how all the areas interconnected!), but it's still Souls, it's still brutal, it still hates me and I still can't help loving how much it hates me. :)

Associate
Dishonored

I'd heard it was canny and many are looking forward to the sequel so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I picked up a key for well under a fiver, so why not?

A couple of hours in and I'm really enjoying it. The art style is nice and I like the steampunkesque with magic setting. I'm terrible at stealth though so I'm going full kickass! And being an older game, it runs as smooth as buttered silk :)

Caporegime
Tried again to get into dishonoured but it still does nothing for me. Shame really because it gets so many good reviews but I don't enjoy it. Need to find something else to play.

I don't like the setting / art style much but in terms of other aspects, I enjoyed it quite a lot. My favourite type of game is first person with rpg mechanics, so I'm not surprised that I managed to take to it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom