Forza 6 (Apex) coming to PC near you, soon....

Soldato
Last week’s daylong event in San Francisco, which fell outside the drumbeat of major video-gaming trade shows, was officially held to tout games coming this spring for Xbox and Windows.

Notably, all the titles Microsoft featured will have variants available on the PC.

Among them is “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex,” a version of the auto-racing franchise developed by Microsoft-owned Turn 10 Studios. “Apex,” a slimmed down version of its Xbox cousin, will be released free to users of Windows 10 this spring.

Racing games have long been used as showpieces of the amount of visual detail developers could pack into games running on new hardware and software. “Apex” is positioned as an effort to show off the gaming potential of Windows 10.

cached article

Just need the Halo franchise now :D

Last edited:
Associate
Forza 6 coming to PC

According to Eurogamer it's going to be announced today.. called Forza 6 Apex.. The only worrying thing is the description: an F2P stripped back version?

(thread merge)

Soldato
Being the cynical ******* I am I think this will be more like GT2 / Real Racing 3 than proper forza- free to play but with time based 'mechanic' ******** to make you pay 50p to have your car repaired now rather than in 10 minutes. I really hope I'm wrong though.

I'm not sure how forza will show off Windows 10? Will it have an annoying notification pop up advertising the game when it is installed (no GT2, my cars are NOT GETTING ****ING RUSTY!!!!!)? Will it be on a store that doesn't let you set a custom install location? Will it not let you uninstall from the Programs and Features menu when the Store breaks and you have to reset Windows?

Alright I'll quit being bitter and say lets hope it is a good showcase for DX12 and loves "many cores low GHz"

Last edited:
Soldato
Why not just release the "Full" game on PC?

A nerfed version of a popular franchise is not "showing commitment" to the PC platform for gaming.

Microsoft, you really are a joke.

Associate
If they do this I can see the possibility of it also coming to windows phone which could possibly increase their sales.

Man of Honour
You be disappointed if you get the full game.

I spent some time playing it over the weekend using the CSL rim with my Fanatec V2 wheel base, V3 pedals and the CS Shifter.

I basically completed the bottom tier of races and at the end of a lot of frustration and game rage I've sold the game and the CSL rim.

Last edited:
Soldato
Being the cynical ******* I am I think this will be more like GT2 / Real Racing 3 than proper forza- free to play but with time based 'mechanic' ******** to make you pay 50p to have your car repaired now rather than in 10 minutes. I really hope I'm wrong though.

I'm not sure how forza will show off Windows 10? Will it have an annoying notification pop up advertising the game when it is installed (no GT2, my cars are NOT GETTING ****ING RUSTY!!!!!)? Will it be on a store that doesn't let you set a custom install location? Will it not let you uninstall from the Programs and Features menu when the Store breaks and you have to reset Windows?

Alright I'll quit being bitter and say lets hope it is a good showcase for DX12 and loves "many cores low GHz"

100% this, it will be, let's not wish. It will be like a bloody mobile game. Pay with gold coins to upgrade instantly. Or wait for 2 hours.

Man of Honour
If Kunos can make Assetto Corsa into a decent single player experience combined with what they already have on PC then Forza will become irrelevant on Xbox in anything other than the Forza Horizons side of things.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
looking forward to trying it at least.

i really hope they see potential in whatever they achieve with it so forza just becomes a pc release

Soldato
If Kunos can make Assetto Corsa into a decent single player experience combined with what they already have on PC then Forza will become irrelevant on Xbox in anything other than the Forza Horizons side of things.

That is a worry. I have only ever played Forza on a controller and if I get a choice to compare it to asseto corse + iracing on my t500rs it might feel a bit crap.

Soldato
63 cars and 20 tracks, ok its not the full thing but to be able to have the Forza experience again and for free, yes please.

Also read an article which stated that Microsoft will release both xbox and PC versions of future Forza's now, About time.

Associate
Happy days. Spent a lot of time on Forza 2 skinning and tweaking Nissan 350z's :)

A full release though is what appeals, so hopefully down the road something to look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom