Georgia: Tamar
Cree: Poundmaker
Mongolia: Genghis Khan
Phoenicia: Dido
Netherlands: Queen Wilhelmina
Korea: Queen Seondeok

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll be perfectly honest, that art/graphics style looks terrible to me personally. I want my empire building games to have at least a realistic ish look, not a cartoony look.

It makes me think they want to emulate the art styles of thing like clash of clans etc. :( what I wouldnt give for a modern reworking of Alpha Centauri with a realistic graphocs style + terraforming :(

Soldato
I'll be perfectly honest, that art/graphics style looks terrible to me personally. I want my empire building games to have at least a realistic ish look, not a cartoony look.

I feel the somewhat the same, looks more Command & Conquer and less Total War which im not a huge fan of, but then again Civ was never really about aesthetics for me at least.

Soldato
Nice. It's been a long time coming, but I think we can guess it'll take an expansion or two for it to fully realise its potential. Unfortunately.

As for that £50 pre order for the standard game! Take a hike. :p

(However, if it features more Sean Bean they could charge double and get away with it! :D)

Soldato
OP
I don't really mind the graphics. The graphics in Civ 5, although an oldish game now, never bother me and I just play it for the strategy. Still, they should be better, texture wise at least and the colours a bit more "deep" so it doesn't look as cartoony.

Soldato
I'll probably pre-order this. Although I've just bought Stellaris and have No Man's Sky and Hearts of Iron 4 still to buy. I guess I can wait until July to buy it.

Edit: Graphics don't look too bad to me but then I've never really been that fussed about graphics. Hopefully it'll be more like Civ 4 than Civ 5 since I much preferred the 4th game in the series.

Associate
Love the Civ games but one thing that annoyed me was the time constraint - I would just prefer to play until all opposition was "taken care of" is there a setting that can turn the time limit off on the past games ?

Associate
It does look a bit on the cartoony side but I'm sure I'll no doubt lose hundreds more hours of my life to this.

color scheme looks a bit too saturated for me. would be cool if they implemented a color scheme setting you could change like in Black Desert.

Soldato
Meh, looks too cartoony. Would have thought they would push for more real life gfx by now not go in bold simple cartoon style gfx. So i can only assume its headed for casuals or mobile markets. Plus the price seems way off for a game like this. Wouldnt pay more than a tenner for a civ game as dont play em much since i stopped with civ 4 awhile ago.

Back
Top Bottom