Opinions / who has bought it Osiris: New Dawn

Associate
ok bought the game yesterday;

Teething Problems;

on my 4k resolution had problems with the aspect ratio not showing some off the left and right off screen info cut off, fixed it with selecting Preview then apply close.

on my second pc at 1920x1200 resolution still a bit missing on screen too choose.

Played the game built dome to live in, forge built etc

what I think great game atm.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/402710/

Associate
Game looks great from vids i've seen, was looking forward to it, however I load it up and no controls work whatsoever, cba to debug. Refund request on steam.

Real shame as it looks fantastic, will wait till it's more mature.

Associate
OP
Game looks great from vids i've seen, was looking forward to it, however I load it up and no controls work whatsoever, cba to debug. Refund request on steam.

Real shame as it looks fantastic, will wait till it's more mature.

Controls as in keyboard and mouse? For myself have no problems with using keyboard and mouse. Could you describe the problem your having.

Associate
OP
Load up game, start SP, select char etc. Intro screen yadada.

Keyboard & mouse then don't work in game. I can alt tab etc. But no wasd and no response from mouse.

going to try exactly as you did now. be on multiplayer so far not single player and being very good working apart from a glitch on one pc that has the aspect ratio problem not my main pc which is ok.

Associate
OP
Load up game, start SP, select char etc. Intro screen yadada.

Keyboard & mouse then don't work in game. I can alt tab etc. But no wasd and no response from mouse.

ok went into single player deployed my dome with bed in etc , got my drone to mine a particular area that has different iron drops and its taking them back to the storage box I put down onto the ground. used the WASDF keys etc mouse also working good.

Caporegime
I bought this today - seems pretty polished for an early access game. Haven't had any of the problems with displays or keyboards - maybe one of the patches has fixed that?

Would like some sort of vehicle early on in the game - traveling to various deposit sites is tedious. Especially if you don't know where they are yet (screw you Lithium).

Night time in the game is genuinely scary time for me.

Dunno if it's just me but the map could use a UI upgrade. Full marks for having a hand-held map rather than a mini-radar and big, full-screen map like most games though.

Associate
A friend bought me Osiris yesterday on steam as a gift. But it comes with restrictions. He lives in Mexico and bought it there. Anyone know some one living in them countries that would like the game as a steam gift? This is a restricted gift which can only be redeemed in these countries: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Bahamas, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Argentina, Bolivia, Guyana, Suriname, Brazil, Mexico

Soldato
Thinking about getting this - i know Ark does more stuff but the setting of this appeals to me. Also sp is possible i believe. £18 though hrmm I usually only spend that amount on a AAA game.

Associate
I bought this immediately for myself and a friend after seeing the trailer. Space + survival are both genres that are right up my alley. I did this even though I'm still sore about the let down that No Man's Sky was. (I still actually enjoy NMS for what it is but it is definitely not what I was sold on).

Anyway, Osiris: New Dawn - After playing it for the weekend, it has 100% got my thumbs up. Brilliant start to a game with tons of potential and I think this positive trend will continue for one main reason. The devs have so far only concentrated on this one planet rather than making a sphere and then immediately calling it finished and then saying "LETS GO TO SPACE NOW".

Favourite elements:

1. I like the building style, having to add panels to a frame. It gives the sense of making an actual effort with each building.

2. The sluggish character movement. This adds a hell of a lot to the feel of the game. You're in a space suit with life support and tons of other gadgets and tech remember.

3. The music and sounds are awesome imo. Especially when raining/dust storm at night time. Creates an awesome atmosphere.

4. A little detail but the asteroids that sometimes streak through the sky or land nearby. They're a nice touch when you see them.

Experienced a few bugs including some buildings disappearing but they never bothered me in the slightest and was always expecting them :) The devs seem to be addressing them very quickly too and keeping everyone informed. Good luck to them.

Back
Top Bottom