Doom locked at 60FPS

Soldato
I know what you will say, turn off V-Sync... well I've done that, in both Nvidia Control Panel and in game, yet it is not budging past 60FPS. Is this a Windows 10 thing or something? I had it running in Windows 8.1 a while ago and it was happily giving my 90-100FPS (I have Acer X34 monitor). What's going on here??

Soldato
Had unlocked frame rate here on Windows 10.. Doesn't Doom lock to refresh rate? I thought it would only allow higher frame rates on higher refresh rate monitors?
What refresh is your monitor?

Soldato
Yeah you shouldnt have to turn off vsync, i would check the game settings and make sure its not setting 60hz, i know a lot of games do have that option.

Soldato
OP
Yes, desktop is set to 100Hz... plays other games fine. Really can't get my head around this!! There appears to be no setting for Hz in the Doom settings menu, although I vaguely remember there used to be?? Or am I imagining things?

Soldato
One guy says he had to disable his second monitor as it was using that refresh rate from windows rather than his main screen, might be worth a shot if your using multiple screens. Maybe also try borderless window mode if thats an option.

Soldato
Are you running borederless window? Even if your refresh rate is set to 100hz it could be derping out. Try it fullscreen if you haven't already.

Soldato
OP
You tried the usual alt + enter a few times while in game?

That's the one thing I haven't tried, but I can't see it will make a difference. As Rip says, I have seen a few people say the same... were previously getting well over 60FPS, then suddenly it's locked at 60. Very very strange. My desktop res is definitely not 60Hz... I've set in Nvidia control panel, and tried everything between 80-100Hz.

Associate
I'm playing at between 90-100 frames a second so it can work. I'm using a 120Mhz monitor and ATI 290.

It's locked at 60fps for loading screens though but in game is fine. This is on Windows 10.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm playing at between 90-100 frames a second so it can work. I'm using a 120Mhz monitor and ATI 290.

It's locked at 60fps for loading screens though but in game is fine.

And you're on Win 10? It was running at 90+ FPS in Win 8.1 for me. It's only since moving to Win 10 I've had this issue. Bethesda are in communication with me anyway... they've requested my dxdiag and msinfo32 files, but I don't know what that will tell them. I simply can't figure it out... every other game I have runs fine up to 100FPS.

Back
Top Bottom