DPD Appointed New Couriers for Overclockers UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
why don't you have an order number? you would have got one in an email when you ordered...
Yea, i found the order number and have put in a webnote about it.
"You currently have no outstanding orders." from OCUK website.
"Order Status: COMPLETE" from order history. (agan from OCUK site)
Though it is not complete because i still have no new CPU.

Last edited:
Associate
Do you know if you select a next day delivery option and they fail (for what ever reason) do you get a refund for the difference between the next day service and the standard delivery charge?
thanks
cyphyr

Associate
Whenever ive bought something from OCUk alls well and efficient untill it leaves there building, once it gets into DPD's hands it goes to crap

I finally got my case today,only 7 days late !

I had set the delivery address to the GF's thinking at least someone would be in to accept it,turns out i accepted it myself while there today.
it was on the van last monday but got the Unable to deliver, adverse weather encountered excuse,been the same everyday this week even though i got up there without problems 4 times in the last week

Guy who delivered it never stopped moaning about having to carry it all 50yards from the bottom of the road,apparently he couldnt get his van up :rolleyes:
I was gonna give him some grief but seeing as ive another parcel due tomoz or day after i thought better of it
DPD suck IMHO

Soldato
Whenever ive bought something from OCUk alls well and efficient untill it leaves there building, once it gets into DPD's hands it goes to crap

I finally got my case today,only 7 days late !

I had set the delivery address to the GF's thinking at least someone would be in to accept it,turns out i accepted it myself while there today.
it was on the van last monday but got the Unable to deliver, adverse weather encountered excuse,been the same everyday this week even though i got up there without problems 4 times in the last week

Guy who delivered it never stopped moaning about having to carry it all 50yards from the bottom of the road,apparently he couldnt get his van up :rolleyes:
I was gonna give him some grief but seeing as ive another parcel due tomoz or day after i thought better of it
DPD suck IMHO

i wish some people would understand weather is affecting deliveries all around the country main roads are pretty much fine but side roads and small estates get left in the lurch i was snowed in for 2 days as i could not drive up or down my hill to the house as it was thick sheet ice.

friday i saw a delivery guy park at the bottom of the estate and walk at least 300 metres on icy paths to deliver someones parcel WHICH TOOK ABOUT 10-15 MINUTES so that obviously had a knock on effect on the deliverys after including icy roads which slow peeps down aswell

SO COME ON GUYS CUT THEM SOME SLACK AT LEAST THEY ARE TRYING.

Associate
i wish some people would understand weather is affecting deliveries all around the country main roads are pretty much fine but side roads and small estates get left in the lurch
I wish some people would understand there are people who just couldnt give a rats ass about customers waiting for deliveries ,
i work in the distribution sector and the only day that we had problems was last tuesday when we cancelled all the deliveries for that day.
Since then its been fine, i wouldnt expect anyone to be able to do something i couldnt but this guy obviously never even tried to get up the road.
Once i could forgive even twice but everyday is just takin the pee especially as i said i could get up in a front wheel drive hatchback without any problem what so ever :mad:

Soldato
I wish some people would understand there are people who just couldnt give a rats ass about customers waiting for deliveries ,
i work in the distribution sector and the only day that we had problems was last tuesday when we cancelled all the deliveries for that day.
Since then its been fine, i wouldnt expect anyone to be able to do something i couldnt but this guy obviously never even tried to get up the road.
Once i could forgive even twice but everyday is just takin the pee especially as i said i could get up in a front wheel drive hatchback without any problem what so ever :mad:

So you'd hapily put yourself at unneccesary risk to deliver a parcel
company's have to work under the health and safety at work act if he'd of slipped or crashed he would have been to blame as he as the right to reject a job if it poses a threat or danger.

i own a zafira 1500kg i couldn't get up the hill to my street at all i had to spend half hour throwing down my own grit in front of the car to get traction to get home. Yet my next door neighbours liitle clio got up the hill with no probs

was it a new van have AWD,PS,ASM,ESD don't go shoving the blame on anyone else cause your parcel didn't turn up

Blame the transport minister for giving the uk a reserve of 6 days grit and not gritting other roads.

people like you really get me fuming

the country is losing a estimated 630Million in economy everyday at the mo cause weather is affecting everything

Associate
I have no issue with you just this fool who cant drive,
its not a hill , even calling it a gradient would be difficult
If he had worked for our company he would be looking for alternative employment right now.
Im pretty sure he must have been given a bollocking for him to carry it from the main road or im sure it would have been yet another "adverse weather encountered" excuse
Open a window all those fumes could be bad for you :D

Soldato
I have no issue with you just this fool who cant drive,
its not a hill , even calling it a gradient would be difficult
If he had worked for our company he would be looking for alternative employment right now.
Im pretty sure he must have been given a bollocking for him to carry it from the main road or im sure it would have been yet another "adverse weather encountered" excuse
Open a window all those fumes could be bad for you :D

:D LOL just a lot of people disrespecting the poor old delivery guys saying that my royal mail dude would come if there was a tornado at the front door. Personally i think he's mad.

But we gotta cut them some slack there are probably quiet behind on deliveries. My logitech g13 was due to turn up on the 9th but came came on the 5th :) i thought it would be delayed with the weather.

Few bad things on here tho about ocuk's delivery guys kinda puts me off buying a little. Saying that ocuk is only an hour away from me so could probably pick stuff up for less than the cost of delivery

Last edited:
Associate
Dont let these guys put you off lol ,
like i said im expecting another parcel tomoz..
I even told the guy today there was no major rush .. in hindsight probably not the best idea but still
I didnt even get annoyed till the 4th day he didnt turn up..and if i wasnt in the same business i would probably be still excusing his sloppy work ethic next week :eek:

Associate
I have always had good service from DPD.
Also noticed on todays delivery they had added this to my tracking details...

On vehicle for delivery
The estimated time of arrival is between 12:39 - 13:39

I aint seen the estimated bit before. We shall see how accurate it is especially as there is a good 2 inches of snow round where I live.
Nice feature anyway. :)

Associate
Do you know if you select a next day delivery option and they fail (for what ever reason) do you get a refund for the difference between the next day service and the standard delivery charge?
thanks
cyphyr

Same question - I ws going to order a screen for next day saturday delivery this weekend from oc, but no way I want to fork out 16 quid and find it doesn't turn up till next mon/tues or something whcih means I won't be at home which mean i'll get inot the merry go round of redelivery attempts ... and I live in Swindon so lord knows where the nearest depot is ...

Do OCUK have any means of checking the likelihood of delivery if they sell such a service?

Permabanned
Do not use DPD under any circumstances! Use Royal mail! I have never in my life had as bad service as this from any company ever. Even an indian call centre would be preferable to no call centre! I spent 2 and a half hours yesterday trying to find out why my parcel has disappeared. I even went to the local depot and its all closed up - WTF??

According to the main office my local depot is moving but they do not know where to or on what timescale? And they wont answer their phones at the local office and no one has any contact numbers for anyone at DPD aberdeens therefore no one can tell me where my graphics card is or when/if i will receive it??!! How can this be an acceptable answer for any service sector company in 2010??

I only went with dpd because i wanted the before noon delivery so paid the £2 more than special delivery - and they say that my parcel is only on normal delivery so thats why they attempted to deliver my noon parcel at 6pm after i had gone to work!!

Never, ever use these cowboys - they are almost totally uncontactable and have never heard of customer service - a customer seems to be treated with disdain as if they are stopping them from sciving somehow - all you get is "we have been busy!" - well of course you have been busy! With service as poor as that ****** off people are obviously going to be phoning yous a lot!! Even AOL customer service is better than this!!

And meanwhile my new graphics card is lost in the DPD admin vortex my old 8800GT has degraded to the point where i cannot even proofread what i am typing here... its surely gonna die completely imminently....

Associate
I have to say I have been lucky with these guys. 5 deliveries over the last six weeks, all delivered around about the same time of the day (lunchtime), wifey signs for them and I can see on the web that they have landed before she even rings me to say the delivery guy has been.

Absolutely top notch and kudos to the Leicester depot who seem to know what they are doing.

Soldato
4 deliveries ocuk using dpd and 3 arrived next day 1 arrived a day late as dpd had a backlog afet the heavy snow. But i rang them up and they noted the package as priority and i received it 9am next day just 1 day late

Soldato
Also if Anyone needs to ring them, rather than paying the expensive 0870/0845 numbers why not pay local rates (or use your free minutes which dont work on 0870 0845) and call these:

Customer Services:
0121 525 4065 Unverified
0121 569 1390 (International Package Customer Serivce but they will transfer you to normal customer service)

Taken from saynoto0870 and i used the international one who transferred me to query my latest delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom