New Mini-ITX Rig, check the specs?!

Associate
Going to be creating a new rig, the laptop i owned before kept having issues so got it refunded and returned and will be starting afresh with a new rig mid/late september unless the 1080ti gets announced around then in which case i will change the graphics card around.

Here are the specs for the rig (Minus storage as i have all necessary storage here):

XjXrp9I.png

Here is the monitor i have decided on:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...descreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-088-as.html

Anyone have any suggestions on changes?

Soldato
Hi

The first thing I would suggest is to swap the Founders edition to an aftermarket solution.
The Corsair 250D can take a gpu up to 290mm in length so something like the EVGA GTX FTW would fit as it is 266mm.

The Corsair H105 might not fit. It isn't listed as being compatible on Corsair's website. Assuming the listing is up to date then you would need to swap it out for a slimmer rad such as the H100i v2 or Antec H1200.

I would go with the EVGA G2 650W over the SuperFlower. No annoying LED connectors with the EVGA and you get a bit more warranty.

Associate
I agree about avoiding the founders edition, just because of the inflated price, but a blower style cooler can be a good idea in a smaller case with limited airflow. So maybe the MSI aero 1080, should be almost identical to the founders but 85 quid cheaper.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £533.99
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Associate
OP
Ah see i didnt research much into the watercooler, all i saw was it took a maximum of 240mm so i found one with that, pardon my ignorance :(

Yea, the founders edition is just a placeholder for now to get an idea, ideally id like to go with an Asus card as i've had issues with MSi RMA'ing in the past, but they might have changed since then so you never know!

Like i say, this will be mid to late september, if the 1080ti lands by then or has a definitive date i would change to that, but if it doesnt at that time i'll go for an aftermarket solution to the GPU

If you find any other watercooling solutions i will be happy to hear, typically i like to use Corsair as i've always had trust in them, same as their memory

Soldato
Depending on what time this year they get released, you may opt for 7th generation Kaby Lake processor. Don't know if there will be a new chipset for the processor, just to milk the customer base some more.

Associate
OP
Depending on what time this year they get released, you may opt for 7th generation Kaby Lake processor. Don't know if there will be a new chipset for the processor, just to milk the customer base some more.

Ah good point, i'll keep an eye out! If it's within the next 3-4 months it'll be a good choice.

It's the PC tech industry, of course they wanna milk it :p

Associate
250d is a great little case I have 2 rads in mine

1x alpha cool xflow 240 & 1x aplhacool xt45 120

An EK single bayres pump combo

Just about cools an over locked 5820k (4.4ghz) & Titan x @ (1500)

I did try an h100i a while back worked a treat but not really for x99

Associate
According to other users' experiences with the monitor - it is a great one indeed but it might be a roulette in terms of getting one without excessive backlight bleed, dead pixels etc. Of course everyone has different standards of what is acceptable. Fingers crossed you are lucky with the first one you receive!

Back
Top Bottom