Missing parcel - what to do?

Associate
I ordered a sat nav a few years ago when i checked online it said it had been delievered. When i rang the company the lady said it had been left under the porch I said I don't have a porch she said no porsche I said I don't have one of them either! They sent another one out the next day.

Soldato
This is insane. Why can't they just leave a card saying they'll come back tomorrow, or you need to schedule a new delivery?

The mind boggles :confused:

Because the driver will have 100+ drops to do that day and will be paid anything from 60p-£1 per drop having to go back AGAIN means 30p per drop.

Why do people order things for delivery when they wont be in.;)

My DPD guy (Alan) is a star and the Amazon guys have now sussed that I have CCTV in the porch so they leave the stuff there now.

Soldato
Because the driver will have 100+ drops to do that day and will be paid anything from 60p-£1 per drop having to go back AGAIN means 30p per drop.

Why do people order things for delivery when they wont be in.;)

My DPD guy (Alan) is a star and the Amazon guys have now sussed that I have CCTV in the porch so they leave the stuff there now.

It's no extra work at all, it's just the case of putting the package back in the van.

Soldato
Thankfully I can get smaller things delivered to work, or can use Amazon for evening or weekend deliveries. Anything that comes in the week and no one is home always goes to one of my next door neighbours (and we do the same for them) so don't have any of these issues.

Caporegime
Can't believe this is a thing couriers do in the UK. If they did that over here in the Netherlands and the parcel was lost they could see exactly who the driver was and they'd be fired instantly - and rightfully so. I guess the drivers get a small bonus for every X amount of parcels delivered though, and the drivers themselves just don't give a single **** about your items.

Especially a company like UPS, I would've expected better. I know my UPS guys by now so it'd be mostly difficult on them. If I pay for something that I never receive, as a consumer I should always get my money back.

Different countries.

I've never had a parcel delivery where the driver waits for me to answer the door here. They drop the parcel on the porch in front of the door and ring the doorbell, then head back to the van for the next delivery.

Soldato
Had a similar issue with Amazon a few weeks ago, got an email notification saying a parcel has been left in a safe place, got home, no slip anywhere and no sign of the parcel in the safe place. Luckily Amazon live chat are usually pretty good at doing what you ask and they sent another.

A week later I saw something in one of my bushes, it was the parcel, soggy and ruined, but it was there, the courier must have chucked it into the bush as it had sunk right down the back.

So have a good look everywhere, although in this case its probably been nicked from the doorstep :(

Soldato
Not the customers problem.

It obviously is though.

Its also "The" customers fault. We are all (most of us) at fault. We are continuously driving the cost of delivery down. You can actually send a parcel overnight from lands end to john o' groats for less than £7.

Cheap service gets you cheap service

Soldato
Different countries.

I've never had a parcel delivery where the driver waits for me to answer the door here. They drop the parcel on the porch in front of the door and ring the doorbell, then head back to the van for the next delivery.

Fedex rang me from outside my house this morning. He was only delivering some patch cables. :D

Soldato
You rarely get a choice of courier when buying things online, and usually they aren't even listed on the site. So tell me - how the hell is the customers fault in those cases? Also I wouldn't regard UPS as being cheap, nor do I think they have salary where they are paid per parcel.

Caporegime
Fedex rang me from outside my house this morning. He was only delivering some patch cables. :D

And the day after I post that I had a delivery guy asking for a signature.:p He actually apologised and said "sorry, I need a signature for this one". Guess there are some companies here that require a signature when things are sent out, but I guess most don't bother, especially Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom