Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

backed the opposite then

That's not laying. You can't bet "the opposite" at a regular bookies.

If on Betfair you bet for Man Utd to win and you bet on Arsenal to win at Bet365, that isn't laying. What happens if they draw? Then you lose both bets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Most of the above could be a walking the fine line of grey area. I know of people opening accounts with their partners but I am not so sure for those who want to open another account in their name.

As for odds, with those you want to lose into the exchange.....just work your way up but don't go silly (e.g. bet on a horse @ 25/1 when you've been doing 5/1).

oh right so what vpn do you use to allow you to open multiple accounts?

what online bank do you use to open many virtual bank accounts to allow you to get direct deposit?

Would you use PayPal to withdrawal your funds that goes straight to your bank account?

As for the odd, do you recommend if i should go between 4.0 and 6.0 or higher than that to make profit when I use my free bet?

Caporegime
Sounds to me like you need to do some proper research. That one post alone has at least four flags which tell me you're not going to get far without getting banned. Have you done much matched betting? Multi accounting sort of evolves naturally once you get bored of doing just one identity. It's not a topic many will speak about because if they get caught, they lose not one ID but also those of friends / loved ones / clients, so you won't get many anseers.

Honestly those are noob questions. They tell me you're not ready but a few thoughts:

Bank account only. Never PayPal / Skrill / whatever. VPN each identity from a different IP address. Use separate PCs if you can. Google IE Snare and do some proper reading on it. The rest you can research but let me reiterate this point once more as it's very evident you have no idea what you're doing:

Do some proper research and practice on a single identity first or this will not end well for you.

Soldato
Guys I've got about £100 spare and I'm looking to make it work for me and keep hearing about matched betting as a good way to make a little extra money. Can anyone recommend a guide for getting started or point me in the direction of a matched betting service or something?

A £100 bank? Good luck...

You'll be surprised how much money it takes to do matched betting. Place a £20 bet at odds of 4.2. Lay it at 4.0. That's your £100 gone, tied up until the bet is done. If it's a "qualifying bet" you'll make a small loss (to gain a free bet later). If it's a free bet, you'll make about £15 profit. £100 is doable, but it'll be slow progress and you'll need to reinvest your winnings.

I started with £300 mid way through the Euros. Now got a £1k bank, which makes life a lot easier. I had about £800 out over the weekend, for a profit of around £150.

I learnt from Matchedbettingblog.com, but made a number of mistakes early on that reduced my profit. I'd recommend joining OddsMonkey (the site I now use) or (because I hear good things) Yesbets, and work through the sign-up tutorials.

Last edited:
Soldato
A £100 bank? Good luck...

You'll be surprised how much money it takes to do matched betting. Place a £20 bet at odds of 4.2. Lay it at 4.0. That's your £100 gone, tied up until the bet is done. If it's a "qualifying bet" you'll make a small loss (to gain a free bet later). If it's a free bet, you'll make about £15 profit. £100 is doable, but it'll be slow progress and you'll need to reinvest your winnings.

I started with £300 mid way through the Euros. Now got a £1k bank, which makes life a lot easier. I had about £800 out over the weekend, for a profit of around £150.

I learnt from Matchedbettingblog.com, but made a number of mistakes early on that reduced my profit. I'd recommend joining OddsMonkey (the site I now use) or (because I hear good things) Yesbets, and work through the sign-up tutorials.

So true.

During the Euros I regularly had over £500 tied up in the exchange, and this was in my opinion still lightweight. Not saying that you won't get there Vidar because I also started with a very small bank. There is something satisfying in watching it grow. Just don't expect a small bank to reap massive dividends quickly. I have across all my bookie accounts about 3k. Total profit being about 2k of that. I am not in a position yet to start to want to withdraw cash to use it as an income. It's all about building your base initially. You will need it to maximise the offers and also to mug bet simultaneously. For example in the betfair weekend offer. I had £100 worth of beta tied up in betfair ( one qualifier and one mug) in smarkets I had over £300 tied up. All for what? To make around £40 profit on the betfair promo the following day which involved another £250 lay bet at the exchange.

Soldato
I actually started with a smaller bank than £100 and now have £860. Its very hard to build from a £100 bank as you can only really do 1 bet at a time then wait for the free bet, which can sometimes take 48hours, just for a £7-15/profit. So expect a slow start. It can be done though, and I found it better as it gave me some good experience and steady learning.

The euros took out £300-400 from exchange during multiple bets so a higher exchange means you can beat more / higher returns.

So true.

During the Euros I regularly had over £500 tied up in the exchange, and this was in my opinion still lightweight. Not saying that you won't get there Vidar because I also started with a very small bank. There is something satisfying in watching it grow. Just don't expect a small bank to reap massive dividends quickly. I have across all my bookie accounts about 3k. Total profit being about 2k of that. I am not in a position yet to start to want to withdraw cash to use it as an income. It's all about building your base initially. You will need it to maximise the offers and also to mug bet simultaneously. For example in the betfair weekend offer. I had £100 worth of beta tied up in betfair ( one qualifier and one mug) in smarkets I had over £300 tied up. All for what? To make around £40 profit on the betfair promo the following day which involved another £250 lay bet at the exchange.

I don't think I'll be withdrawing any for quite a while. I'm learning about stocks/shares while MBing then whatever I make I'll probably invest.
What's your plan for earnings from MBing?

Last edited:
Associate
You can start matched betting with very little. It just takes a bit more time. Just do the easy sign up offers. Bet 5 get £20 etc. After a few of them with a little luck all your money will be in the exchange. Keep in mind if funds are very tight you will need to wait for withdrawals before you can do more more offers. I started this in January, made about 7k so far this year. I'm targeting 10k a year. I think when I started I put in about £200. I've lost 2 or 3 bookies. But everyone will lose bookies in time.

Soldato
You can start matched betting with very little. It just takes a bit more time. Just do the easy sign up offers. Bet 5 get £20 etc. After a few of them with a little luck all your money will be in the exchange. Keep in mind if funds are very tight you will need to wait for withdrawals before you can do more more offers. I started this in January, made about 7k so far this year. I'm targeting 10k a year. I think when I started I put in about £200. I've lost 2 or 3 bookies. But everyone will lose bookies in time.

Can I ask which offers you are taking advantage of? Are you doing 2nd to SP offers?

Soldato
What's your plan for earnings from MBing?

I actually started this with no plan and just something to enjoy. I started with a bank of around 100 notes as well, and it was strangely addictive.....creating money from just a few clicks on the internet.

Now I have an ok bank, I have no immediate plans, but come PC upgrade time it will be nice to withdraw a bit to cover it!

Caporegime
That's not laying. You can't bet "the opposite" at a regular bookies.

If on Betfair you bet for Man Utd to win and you bet on Arsenal to win at Bet365, that isn't laying. What happens if they draw? Then you lose both bets.

Pedantic.

You know what he meant when he said lay, sure he probably bet double chance arsenal/draw. Sometimes this is better than laying as there is no commission and you have more markets to chose from (not just the exchange)

Caporegime
To answer the bank question, I had £160 lying in a PayPal account in January so I used that. I only did footie stuff apart from the odd special offer (really special, like odds boosts, not regular C4 racing stuff) and cashed out £700 a few weeks ago. I was only doing it now and then and had I been more aggressive I probably could've quadrupled my profits, but I'm in this for the long haul so didn't want to look like an abuser, hence footy only. I have only been gubbed by one bookie (888) since starting this about three years ago. I often skip offers to look a but more muggy and place the odd mug bet as well. I favour keeping my accounts open and less income than going hard and getting gubbed.

That said, I've only used Profit Accumulator and Yesbets, but now I'm considering Oddsmonkey. Can anyone post some screenshot of their dashboard and offers page please? Feel free to trust them to me together with a referral link and if I like the look of them I'll be more than happy to give you the referral :)

Cheers.

Associate
Yeah that's what I am doing right now, yes I have done the matched betting and I have make £24.33 in profit. Now I would like to make £1,000 to £2,000 a month.

Why I should never use PayPal, Skrill or whatever it is? Should I never use them to deposit and only to use them for withdrawal or what?

Have you been used ffrees.co.uk to open bank account?

I have got a virtual pc which has different mac address so I am sure that I should be fine.

Sounds to me like you need to do some proper research. That one post alone has at least four flags which tell me you're not going to get far without getting banned. Have you done much matched betting? Multi accounting sort of evolves naturally once you get bored of doing just one identity. It's not a topic many will speak about because if they get caught, they lose not one ID but also those of friends / loved ones / clients, so you won't get many anseers.

Honestly those are noob questions. They tell me you're not ready but a few thoughts:

Bank account only. Never PayPal / Skrill / whatever. VPN each identity from a different IP address. Use separate PCs if you can. Google IE Snare and do some proper reading on it. The rest you can research but let me reiterate this point once more as it's very evident you have no idea what you're doing:

Do some proper research and practice on a single identity first or this will not end well for you.

Back
Top Bottom