Dustmen/women...earliest legal start time

Associate
Hi All

Putting this out there, if anyone knows the answer or where to look...

...after being woken up around 5am by the dustmen this morning...

Is there are legislation that states what the earliest time they can start work?

Think 5am and waking people up 2hrs before i need to is a bit much.

Man of Honour
Nope - I don't think there is. You could complain, but to be honest, they have so much to do and clear that I doubt they'd want to start later as it is quite time consuming. You must be fairly early on the route. Whilst 5 is a little early, it's not THAT bad, and surely it is only once a week?

Underboss
Don't put your bins out and empty them yourself at a time more suitable to you.

Our are usually done by 6am, I don't complain as it's a job I wouldn't like to do.

Associate
They used to come at around 6:00am where I am. It wouldn't of been so bad apart from the fact that the dustcart sounded like a climaxing transformer.

Soldato
Around 6 here as well, actually it's quite good that they wake me up as sometimes I've forgotten to put it out and it gives me time to run down stairs and take the bin to the road.

Also as we are a Monday whenever there is a bank holiday we get moved to a Saturday and while I understand it's not good getting woke up at 6am every week I don't feel the need to try and force someone to change the routine of a job I wouldn't be wanting to do myself.

Associate
OP
My point is, is there any legal legislation that states that they cant start before a certain time...just putting the question out there.

Its every week...just interested as it seems to be getting earlier each week and as someone has said...the dustcart sounds like its about to take off every 5 seconds.

And no i dont live near NASA ffs

Soldato
Mine are done between 5-6am most weeks and its usually rather loud due to them being large dustbins behind the flat, also there is a skip pickup at the building next to mine once a week at around 6am which is also rather loud but seems like I've got used to it as I'm not often woken up by them.

The one that really annoys me is the gardeners starting at 6:30am on a Saturday with leaf blowers. Not the best after a late Friday evening :(

Underboss
Unfortunately i dont live in a 1 house street...

You don't?

How ghastly. You should immediately become rich, or buy ear plugs.

I'd say your local council/local refuse centre would be in charge of the trucks, I'm sure they would be delighted it you contacted them about this issue.

Associate
This is one of those first world problems eh, these guys are coming to take away your waste and your complaining about what time they do it at. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom