Kat, H33t, Fenopy blocked in the UK

Associate
Been saying this for ages! I want EVERYTHING in one place in HD with DTS for a set of monthly place. I love spotify (ok it doesn't have everything) do this with TV and Movies and they can have my money untill then..............well.

Exactly. Content not being available through legal channels doesn't make it right/legal, but it does help to explain why people do it. There are so many people out there who would happily pay for the content without having to wait 2 years/rent a physical copy/get a ridiculous sky tv package.

Permabanned
Why not just out of interest?

He prefers MEGA.

If true then that's a bit of a silly reason to want all torrent sites shut down, i like google but that doesn't mean yahoo and bing should be shut down.

Because....... most torrents are illegal. Not going to sit explain myself over and over even though 'some' 'SOME' may use it for legal activities only. I personally don't think it matters as long as the Internet exists there will be illegal activity it just depends if it can be cut down or not.

I do like Mega because it's where I store all my personal files. What's the problem?

Last edited:
Soldato
Because....... most torrents are illegal. Not going to sit explain myself over and over even though 'some' 'SOME' may use it for legal activities only. I personally don't think it matters as long as the Internet exists there will be illegal activity it just depends if it can be cut down or not.

I do like Mega because it's where I store all my personal files. What's the problem?

I appreciate that you object to the legal side of things regarding torrents, but was Mega not doing the same thing? Your argument is that the majority of people use torrents for copyright infringement and that only some use them for legal reasons, is that not the same for mega?

Permabanned
I appreciate that you object to the legal side of things regarding torrents, but was Mega not doing the same thing? Your argument is that the majority of people use torrents for copyright infringement and that only some use them for legal reasons, is that not the same for mega?

I was never using megaupload before the change to personal file storage to mega. Yes you are right mega can be used for illegal activities but in my case not so as it's all personal documents I created.

If there wasn't any illegal activities happening then the Internet would be a better place in terms of overloading / better bandwidth management (Yes I know you still can download legal things like windows updates e.t.c or image files) but the web is full of people getting movies e.t.c.

Sites should be shutdown (yes Google are to blame as well as they link to activities as such) I still don't know why Google hasn't been targeted as a search engine. These sites should switch to legal torrents and it wouldn't be a problem.

This is just how I perceive things but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Back
Top Bottom