Upgrade from Silverstone RV02 (better GPU airflow)?

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Hi all,

Is there a case out there that will do a better job than my RV02 at keeping the GPU temps as cool as possible?

I have read a few reviews where the RV wins out on CPU temps but not always GPU. My 1080 is toasty and I might want another one for SLI at some point...

Priorities for me are

1. Airflow, particularly GPU
2. Dust control, the Raven is great
3. Aesthetics, nothing overly plasticy or chavvy looking!

Would also need 8+ expansion slots.

Probably up for going full tower if that's what it takes to get the best temps, and cost not really an issue as would like to think I can keep it for my next couple of builds.

Help!! :) Cheers.

Associate
Which type of 1080 do you have? Reference models the RV should be as good if not better than most cases. Blower style models it may be a bit different although even then it should be OK.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
OP
It's a two fan inno3d one. Not a traditional exhaust style one. So the hot air is in the case

C64

C64

Soldato
Which 1080 you got ? I found over the years hat triple fanned gpu are the best noise to cooling wise.
The key to getting decent temps in sli / xfire without watercooling the top card is have a big gap between cards unfortunately most motherboards don't provide a big gap between the middle and top pci-e slots but some do.

Set up a fan profile on the 1080 using msi afterburner

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom