DAN A4-SFX (Fanless mITX)

Associate
Afternoon
As a big fan of mITX cases I just had to share this.
https://www.dan-cases.com/

Its one of the smallest mITX cases available, well, end of 2015 according to the manufacturer.

Makes great use of space available, latest gpu can be accommodated
Sadly no watercooling available

If I get my hands on this however I will try and mod it similar to evga hadron :D
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18692651

I'd assume OCUK staff would get this for us at a discount! :D
Another great case is NCASE M1 which Gibbo should start stocking :D
https://www.ncases.com/

Soldato
Brilliant use of space. And I don't think they are joking about it cooling pretty well, with the direct cooling so near the vents. Although getting a good cooler for hot CPUs in there will be an issue.

I'm glad they didn't compromise size for water-cooling capability. It's nice to see all air instead of the usual hybrids and I'd like to see more micro-ATX all air too.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't have an issue with how well built it looks as there has been a lot of time and effort gone into it but its still not worth £160+ for about £20-30 of aluminium, tooling etc. There are lots of cases on the market that offer a low volume, ok maybe not as low as this product, but the differences are not worthy of this unit being such a high price.

I can see a Chinese company copying it and selling it for sub £50.

Associate
I note that Overclockers are lined up to stock this after the Kickstarter run. Any news on pricing or availability date?

FAQ on DAN's site says €230-250 + tax + shipping, which is quite a bit higher than the Kickstarter price of €230 including 19% VAT.

Associate
the most prominent design feature of this case, which is the location of the GPU behind the motherboard
which means heat from the gpu backplate will soak directly into tho mobo

Associate
the most prominent design feature of this case, which is the location of the GPU behind the motherboard
which means heat from the gpu backplate will soak directly into tho mobo

Fingers crossed the Kickstarter reviews (when they start coming in) will show this not to be a major issue. At least not for mainstream users like me who don't overclock significantly and run a pretty cool rig. I'm assuming that without the space for serious cooling (liquid or otherwise) most people using this case wouldn't be cranking their cards too hard. :confused:

Associate
Ouch! :eek: Might have to wait for Lian-Li to adjust the design slightly and release a knock-off.

Unlikely I think! Lian Li is not stupid and if they start copying, nobody will subcontract to them ever again :)

I mean they haven't copied the Ncase M1 (at least not directly!) even though they have everything they need to do so.

Associate
This case does look darned good though. If i was gonna build an m-itx system, this would be the case i'd get most likely.

Associate
Unlikely I think! Lian Li is not stupid and if they start copying, nobody will subcontract to them ever again :)

I mean they haven't copied the Ncase M1 (at least not directly!) even though they have everything they need to do so.

Whilst you're right (of course) I wouldn't be surprised to see Lian-Li taking some design cues from it. I see a few Ncase attributes in their PC-Q10.

Perhaps a "less reputable" manufacture may be more bold. In any case, as long as this spurs a few more (affordable) <10L designs all the better.

Associate
Another way that could bring down the cost is to get rid of the 3M PCIe riser cable, which is worth about US$100.

The only potential replacement is actually Lian Li's own, which surprisingly isn't available to buy on its own (bundled with new version of O5S, O6, etc), and even if it was it may not be the right length.

Sadly there's no other possible alternative as far as I know because there seems to be only two twin-axial PCIe risers on the market. The rest are ribbon.

Associate
Another way that could bring down the cost is to get rid of the 3M PCIe riser cable, which is worth about US$100.

That's criminal! But explains a lot. Hopefully this will trigger Lian-Li into making a suitable version that both they and Dan can use.

I must stop looking at this case as it's got me speccing the necessary parts for an ITX build I simply don't need!

Associate
After making that post last night, I did a google to see if Lian Li has started selling it on its own yet. And I managed to find it on a Japanese site.

And you know how much they are selling it for?

US$100 -_-

Back
Top Bottom