The Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO Owners Thread....

Associate
had this a few days now , with i7 6700k and Corsair 16GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000MHz

not had much play , but love the fan control for each fan in bios, was annoying the fan would spin fast then slow with slight cpu usage, such as opening a program, but figured it out at the end

aint played with overclocking yet just wanted to test it at stock and see how it runs first , but have ram at 3000mhz, best to manually set it then xmp

Can I ask how you stopped the CPU fans spinning fast then slow? It's a real pain. Did you change from auto to DC?

Cheers

Soldato
ive not been able to stop it - so interested how to do it in the bios

ive tried changing spinup time and spindown time but that didn't work

Associate
ive not been able to stop it - so interested how to do it in the bios

ive tried changing spinup time and spindown time but that didn't work

Last night I removed Corsair link and AI Suite 3. Went into BIOS and changes the fan profile to 'normal'.

Seems better, but the pump speed RPM is about 1300? Is that not a bit slow for a Corsair H100i GTX?

Associate
I have a Maximus III Hero Alpha, i7 6700k, 16GB Dominator DDR 4 3000Mhz

Built it last night, set up a raid volume and installed Windows 10 on a seperate SSD

All fine but boot up up until Windows starts seems really slow.
I am talking a good 15 - 20 seconds until the rog Bios screen disappears and windows finally starts loading, then its quick.

Is it because I have a raid volume?
What settings should I be looking for in the BIOS I have already enabled fast boot, set delay to 1 second but its still very slow from cold or whether simply restarting?

Soldato
Can I ask how you stopped the CPU fans spinning fast then slow? It's a real pain. Did you change from auto to DC?

Cheers
I had this issue and solved it by just using the Qfan Tuning option in the BIOS. It automatically tests the fans out and then sets a custom fan curve for them. The curve it worked out for me completely got rid of the issue with the CPU fan spinning up and down. It stays at ~250RPM at all times during general desktop usage now and temperatures are great, close to 20 at idle and mid-20s even watching a 1080p/60fps Youtube video (using a Noctua NH-U14S).

Soldato
OP
I have a Maximus III Hero Alpha, i7 6700k, 16GB Dominator DDR 4 3000Mhz

Built it last night, set up a raid volume and installed Windows 10 on a seperate SSD

All fine but boot up up until Windows starts seems really slow.
I am talking a good 15 - 20 seconds until the rog Bios screen disappears and windows finally starts loading, then its quick.

Is it because I have a raid volume?
What settings should I be looking for in the BIOS I have already enabled fast boot, set delay to 1 second but its still very slow from cold or whether simply restarting?
I am having same problem, but mine takes like 30 seconds, with just windows 10 on a ssd, did you sort it out, maybe a bios option needs to be enabled or disabled ?

Soldato
if u using xmp profle for memory of OC - the motherboard does memory training at post to stabilise.... I think there is option to turn this off but I have heard it may cause stability issues...

Soldato
maybe even if u manually set them higher than the default it will still do the training

try leaving them as default and see if the post to bios is quicker

it definitely is for me...

Soldato
OP
My cpu is overclocked also, maybe thats why it boots longer, i still want to keep my overclocks, so will just put up with the 30 seconds boot time, on my xp pc it took like 5 minutes before i could move my mouse, so its still super quick for me.

Back
Top Bottom