Asus maximus 6 Hero boot problem

Associate
Hello

I brought a system from Overclockers about 2ish yrs ago

Problem is it doesnt boot up on the mboard i get a Q code of 98.

I cant even get to the bios just a blank screen.

Ive unplugged everything from the mboard sata , usb , GFx card ect so only the mboard is plugged in and still the same blank screen , Q code 98 error.

Checked the battery on the mboard tested as fully charged

Tried just one memory chip in one slot.

Any thoughts on how to fix this please?.

I would say mboard is broke or CPU

System is

motherboard = Asus Maximus 6 Hero
CPU = intel 4770k
Mem = 16gb Team Vulcan DDR3 2133
GFX = MSI 290x gaming
samsung 256gb SSD
seagate 2TB HD
850w PSU bequite

THankyou Colin

Last edited:
Man of Honour
According to the manual Code 98 is listed as Console Input Devices Connect and is something to do with not being able to initialise the input devices (mouse/keyboard/controller etc). Looking online this can be caused by USB and/or bluetooth devices. Try unplugging USB devices one by one and doing a restrat to see if it makes any difference. Most common culprits seem to be external hdd's and rechargeable mice and keyboards. A couple of people fixed theirs by disabling legacy USB 3.0 support in the bios.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replys but i have tried all that .

Ive cleared the CMOS , tried just the keyboard with hdmi for the onboard VGA same just a blank screen

I have got no USB or anything plugged into PC , just wont boot up cant even get to the bios.

Have unplugged all SSD and HD cleared CMOS and just leaving keyboard plugged in so if it works i can use the bios but same Code 98 and blank screen looks like mboard is broke me thinks.

thanks for hte help btw

Back
Top Bottom